Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is he trying to do here?
Okay, I developed a crush on a close male friend over the winter. Some of his actions (staring, in particular), seemed to indicate that he had feelings of affection for me, but when I told him how I felt he denied any feelings of affection for me on the grounds that he's not gay.

Fast-forward to today. He often has sleepovers with one of his best friends at his house, but this past weekend, he invited my best friend to join them. He is friends with my friend, but had never really hung out with him outside of school. I'm confused as to why he would have done that. I feel as though he went behind my back, in a sense, because he didn't say anything about it, and now my friend seems to want to hang out with him more than with me.

Also, I think I've noticed him looking at me a few times, but he glances away quickly so I can't be sure.

It's very easy to spend a whole lifetime trying to work out other people's motives. To be honest, this sounds like one you should just let go of if you can. Maybe things will go the way you want them to, but it seems quite likely they won't this time from what you've told us.

Hope you find someone nice soon.

Maybe find yourself a new friend too. Is this about who's the most popular guy? Probably not. You'll realise that it's better to have one friend you can keep as a friend than many who are just acquaintances.

princealbertofb Wrote:Maybe find yourself a new friend too. Is this about who's the most popular guy? Probably not. You'll realise that it's better to have one friend you can keep as a friend than many who are just acquaintances.

It's not that he's making a new friend, he has been "friends" with him for a while (the three of us are in two classes together).It's that after an entire school year, he is suddenly interested in hanging out with MY best friend.