Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the definition of "Boo"?
It's a black thing. You guys wouldn't understand.

saw this on Urban Dictionary:

boo is a term that is derived from the French word "beau" meaning beautiful. In 18th century England it meant an admirer, usually male. It made it's way into Afro-Caribean language perhaps through the French colonisation of some Caribean islands.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Even the Cajun people not far from me use "Boo" to mean Honey, Sweetie or, Darling. It's a pet name for their lover. As a kid we called toddlers "Boo-boo" a lot, just an affectionate pet name.

I have a Black female friend who called me a wigger when we first met and I confronted her for the slur so she has called me her boo ever since many years later. Smile
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

So I think the definition of "Boo" is clear now! XD

By the way, I think this is the scariest thread I've ever read.

Hayden Wrote:By the way, I think this is the scariest thread I've ever read.

Hey there, why? Cry

John Wrote:Hey there, why? Cry

Because everyone's saying "boo," the sound that ghosts make. I have a bad habit of making jokes that I only think are funny. Headscratch

Hayden Wrote:Because everyone's saying "boo," the sound that ghosts make. I have a bad habit of making jokes that I only think are funny. Headscratch

HAHA! I see! :biggrin: