Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the most soppy romantic Gay movie you've ever watched?
The sappiest romantic gay movie ever?

I don't know about sappy, but here are my favorite top five gay romance films (in no particular order):

1. Trick
2. Latter Days
3. Brokeback Mountain
4. Big Eden
5. The Trip

Thanks Smile I'll check them out

Some of them are soppy but there are some gay movies which are just cheesy and God-awful. Some really good ones too. My choices are:

1. Summersturm - A German gay film which has a ridiculously cheesy ending but is otherwise good.
2. The Weekend - A gay British film. Soppy slightly tragic in places though.
3. Beautiful Thing - A gay British film. A real classic, probably the first of its kind as its a coming of age film as well.

I can't think of any others right now. If you want happier gay films I would give any French film a miss as a lot of them are really tragic and dramatic quite sad in places.

Torch song trilogy

Loved it

1971: Arnold (Harvey Fierstein), a New York female impersonator, meets Ed (Brian Kerwin), a bisexual schoolteacher, and they fall in love. Ed, however, is uncomfortable with his sexuality and he leaves Arnold for a girlfriend, Laurel.

1973-79: During Christmas, Arnold meets the love of his life, a male model named Alan (Matthew Broderick). They settle down together, later spending a weekend with Ed and Laurel in the country, where their relationship is tested but endures. Eventually, they apply to foster a child together with a view to adoption, and their application is eventually successful and so they move to a bigger apartment. However, on their first night at their new home, Alan is killed in a homophobic attack.

1980: Months later, in the spring of 1980, Arnold's mother (Anne Bancroft) comes to visit from Florida, but her visit leads to a long-overdue confrontation. Arnold's mother disapproves of Arnold's homosexuality and his planned adoption of a gay teenage son, David (Eddie Castrodad), as well as Arnold's use of their family burial plot for Alan. They have a series of arguments where Arnold demands that she accept him for who he is, insisting that if she can't then she has no place in his life. The following morning, before she returns to Florida, they have a conversation where, for the first time, they seem to understand each other. With both David and Ed (who is now more mature and settled) in his life, and a successful new career creating his own stage revue, Arnold's life is finally complete.
Cast[edit]

Harvey Fierstein as Arnold Beckoff
Anne Bancroft as Ma Beckoff
Matthew Broderick as Alan Simon
Brian Kerwin as Ed Reese
Karen Young as Laurel
Eddie Castrodad as David
Ken Page as Murray
Charles Pierce as Bertha Venation
Axel Vera as Marina Del Ray

EDIT
"This? This is not an Ooops"
"Oooops is when you douche with Drain-O"
"Oooops is when you fall down an elevator shaft"
"this...... Is NOT an Ooops"
"This is Aaaarggggghhhhhhhh"'

"Round Two"

Its probably a toss up between A Home At The End of the World starring Colin Farrel, Sissy Spacek and a few other no name actors. This one is certainly a drama and be sure to bring the kleenex its a pretty sad movie!

and

Touch of Pink starring Jimi Mistry and Kyle Maclachlan and Kris Holden-Reid. This one is more of a comedy though it has some dramatic/serious moments.

Better than Chocolate. I love that movie and feel guilty for it. Granted, it IS funny even if the soppy (and sometimes downright trite) elements get overpowering (especially that "don't bet on it" happy ending that suddenly happens). Offhand, I'm having a hard time recalling any chick flicks that are soppier...even including Disney I'm not so sure...

Lalo Wrote:I don't know about sappy, but here are my favorite top five gay romance films (in no particular order):

1. Trick
2. Latter Days
3. Brokeback Mountain
4. Big Eden
5. The Trip

Heh heh.... The Trip.

I've never seen or heard of a "soppy" gay romantic movie.

But I think this one is my favorite so far....

[Image: MV5BMjE4ODU2Mjk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjUz...4,317_.jpg]

The only gay romance movie, I've ever seen is Brokeback Mountain.