Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the psychology behind flaking?
I know that there are a million threads on here complaining about flaking. But after being flaked on tonight I really wondered. Well, why?

I met a guy off POF...We hit it off really well. From there we exchanged numbers texted each other back and forth and confirmed a time and place and were prepared to meet earlier this week.

But he flakes. No call, no text. As to where he is, that's he not interested, that he's met someone or just "busy". No lame excuse to save his hide. Just "nothing".

It's not the first time but I don't quite get it. If someone isn't interested it's as simple as not replying to the first message. If at some point you lose interest because someone says something odd...and I've been there. (A little off topic but one cute guy on POF started talking about how ghosts and demons were haunting him...).

But nothing changed from our messages to our texts. We were on the same page and everything was full of smiles, "good nights", "good mornings" etc...

So what's the reason people flake? Seriously? Do some guys just get off on this? Is there some sort of satisfaction sexual or otherwise coming from this? What's the end game? Are there any documentaries or reality shows that address why flakers flake? Do flakers find it funny? I don't get it...I'm sure there must be a few flakers on these boards.