Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the purpose of your life?
Motto:

Let it play.

Purposes:

Hug somebody with great affection.
Live as far away from my family as I can.
Find my true love.

Motto:
live and learn.

Purpose:
to experience Love in all it's various forms.
To build meaningful, lasting relationships with others born of that Love and to learn and grow from those relationships.

MikeW Wrote:[Image: 081201-Dimensions.gif]

It's the flow of evolution for everything; from the singular to the multiple; from the simple to the increasingly complex. The purpose of life is to transform energy and the thrust of evolution is toward increasingly higher dimensions of awareness.

I understand your point, Bowyn Aerrow, but there's more to it than just the transmission of DNA. If that is all that was needed, we'd still be howling at the moon. No, there's a direction to it, you can see it. Life wishes to become increasingly sensitive, perceptive, conscious and aware.

I maintain that is our purpose (both individually and collectively). Whether we're fulfilling it or not, that's a whole other question.

I strongly suggest you open up your eyes and look at the majority of people. They are pointless, and driven by the solitary demands of the DNA to reproduce.

7.??? billions of people are currently on this god forsaken ball of mud. How many can you name that are known by a decent chunk of others? How many of those have done anything to improve the lot of humanity? Bill Gates and :confused:....

There is no other direction. you are looking at a guy who did seminary, philosophy and other educated studies to find purpose for humans - Sorry, there ain't no purpose, no plan.

Humans are just animals - sure ones that can manipulate their environment and communicate better than others, but still animals.

Looking at the history of earth as a whole, 99% of species that ever was are now extinct. humans are no better. Well better deluded than the rest, but still a victim of their drives and still animals.

It is a self deluded mind that thinks that humans are better than. The whole of human history isn't even a tick on the grand clock of the whole of life on earth.

T-rex did better than humankind will at the survival thing. Heck, crocodiles, and alligators are the world champions of survival, having out lived every species for the past 65+ million years.

And sad to say, they will out live that funny naked primate, human....

There is nothing that makes humans better than, or more than the other 7.77 billion other animal species on earth.

Humans are animals capable of reasoning, this does not and never will mean humans are reasoning animals.

Everything humans do, including altruism, is about survival of the genes. That its - and nothing more

Faith in a purpose in human activity beyond that is as foolish as a faith in an invisible man who lives up in the sky and gives a flying fuck about mortals here on this planet.

Sorry to burst bubbles or upend people's faith in humanity. Its just a hard won knowledge and full understanding of the nature of mankind. Look at the news, nothing has improved, only the delusion that humans have improved. Still the lice bitten, primitive instincts drive everything from politics to religion, from relationships to personal character.

Right now I'm trying to start a career in social research. It's a nice way of combining my intellectual life goals and my political orientation. I could see myself dedicating my life to trying to understand the problems of this world.

Will: Before Tyler (my 3 year old nephew) came to live with us, and we started out on this amazing and terrifying journey, I'm not sure what I would have said to this question. But now, I feel like my purpose is all tangled up with this child, with giving him the life he deserves. IDK...but kids change everything.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I strongly suggest you open up your eyes and look at the majority of people. They are pointless, and driven by the solitary demands of the DNA to reproduce. ...
Unfortunately I have to work today and tomorrow so it may be awhile before I can address your post in full. Suffice it to say that simply because most people aren't fulfilling their potential or the evolutionary imperative, doesn't mean there isn't one. But, to be clear, I'm not interested in 'arguing' about it. I will state my POV which is obviously different from yours. It isn't my intention to try and say "you are wrong." Obviously your POV is based on your experience just as my POV is based on mine. It can be an interesting discussion if we don't get all hot about it, k? I'll try and write more some other time.

To be honest, I don't know what's the purpose of my life. But if I'm still alive, then I still need to do something here.

My motto is, "Hakuna Matata."

I'm not good at following it. :tongue:

My purpose, or aim in life, is as simple as that motto, really. I want to be happy, and make my girlfriend happy. I want to better the lives of those dear to me, and maybe, if I can, others too.

I hope to someday look into the eyes of that special someone and think about how long the years have passed and how we've grown from a standard couple all the way to lifelong partners. I dream to someday hear the words of comfort and care from that person. But most of all, I long for the obstacles and challenges that come with having if not a partner then a life long friend. I also think my motto/purpose is to enjoy my life regardless of the situations and expectations.

motto is from highlander the movie "its better to burn out than fade away"

my purpose is probably just push past where others would stop, just to do it - no other reason,,,most people I know are surprised ive got to the age I have lol