Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the purpose of your life?
I guess my main purpose and ambition is to try to be happy and to help the people around me be happy as well.

I'm not sure I can say "there's a purpose of my life". I merely exist on a daily basis and interact or react to whatever crosses my path.
We Have Elvis !!

None, but that's okay because that just means I don't have to live up to anybody's expectation's but my own:biggrin:

bluedragon Wrote:Hi guys Smile

What is the purpose/motto of your life? Smile

Mines to settle down with my loved one (if i'm able to find him hopefully) and lead a private life and to involve in some charity work Smile

What's yours? 1blue1

My life may be mine to live, but I have learned over the years that my life isn't about me and instead it is about what I can do for others.

Preface: I fully agree with Bowyn Aerrow's perspective of purpose. It is survival of the species, it is DNA transmission. The rest is merely human arrogance coupled with human irgnorance. MikeW's tetrahedral progression I also support, yet not in the way that MikeW portrayed it. It is not to become more complex beings in terms of our awareness / mental / social aspects, but to become more complex physical beings that have the natural abilities to out compete other complex beings. It is truly the survival of the fittest.

Sadly, a couple of hundred years ago, our dolt ancestors decided to stop evolution and instead fix time and space by respecting one god and saying humans are the crowing (and crowning) achievement. I did say that we are arrogant. We invented means to simplify life which enabled us to not further evolve as a species, but to stagnate because life is now easy. I do look forward to the alien invasion!

My perspective So, after that long winded preface, I can respond to the original post. What is the purpose of my life?

I said earlier that humans are arrogant and ignorant. They are. I am. I am an awesome rendering of arrogance and ignorance. It makes me, me. It is why I am so hugely successful in life.

Ignoring the DNA transition, which I have not accomplished, my purpose is to 'Create enjoyable spaces'. It is my tag line on linked in. It is my current job. It is the one common thread through all my previous jobs. My arrogance lies in the knowledge that I am the sole judge of whether the spaces that I create are enjoyable. It is my ignorance to not know that others may not find the spaces I create to be enjoyable. C'est la vie [well, except for the DNA transfer part].

The other purpose I have is Canadianizing my Life. I am to fully experience Canada and share my experiences, my self, my life and my country with others. I have dedicated myself to Canada. I will be criss crossing it several times in the coming years and will be experiencing all that there is of the second largest country on earth, and for me, the greatest country.

So there, in all my arrogance and ignorance I live the duality of Creating enjoyable spaces and Enjoy the most enjoyable space created.

I wanna do crazy stuff.

Not like. I don't have a bucket list of crap to complete. I don't wanna go sky diving. I don't want to have a family, or settle down. I... I want to create everything. I want my entire life to be about me... making things. Creating things. I wanna make... myself.

larafan25 Wrote:I wanna do crazy stuff.
I want my entire life to be about me... making things. Creating things. I wanna make... myself.

That does not sound crazy. Likely one of the saner comments ever posted on GS.

I am intrigued by the concept. How do you envision going about making yourself?

Is it only mental, or is there an element of physical creation?

50Plus Wrote:That does not sound crazy. Likely one of the saner comments ever posted on GS.

I am intrigued by the concept. How do you envision going about making yourself?

Is it only mental, or is there an element of physical creation?

Well.... it's hard to say, as I don't even know quite what I mean.

I don't really have any focused goals about myself physically. For me, if my life's purpose became solely or too heavily devoted to my body (in a sexual sense), then I'd feel like a failure. Not by anyone's standards but my own.

I guess I just want to learn things and be able to express my ideas and creativity in as best a way as possible. Who doesn't? I wanna live for my creative, child-like self more than anything, I've learned that his dreams mean the most to me. BUNNY

I dont really have a purpose, I just go with flow.

Looking for someone I thought I'd lost. Cheesy but damn I feel better