Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favourite beatles song.
Ok, so I've been battling with this page for a while now, nearly an hour; which makes me think that I don't think my poor old computer can cope with that many YouTubes on a page... anyhow, here's mine.
Listening to the Beatles' songs in "Across the Universe" (by Julie Taymor) the other day made me realise that one of my favourites was one of the oldest songs too...
And I Love Her

:heartline:
It clearly was the rhythm in the verse that got me ticking.

... although I think this one, from the same album, is equally nice:
IF I FELL

From the Beatles Blue Album.

The beatles - hello goodbye (live).

ClapClapClap

fjp999 Wrote:Hey Peblo, found A Day In The Life:

I picked this version as Yoko and John appear together at the beginning. Yoko has just reformed Plastic Ono Band and is appearing in two NYC concerts. I like Yoko Remybussi

I always liked this one:

Great oneClap ! That song is soo good.It''s like two songs in one.
Paul would''nt be able to find his way upstairs and have a smoke nowadays though.Yeah,like Paul Mcartney gets buses anywayRolleyes .lol! Another great Beatle song I like I heard at the end of a film with Kevin Spacey(can''t remember the movie name),Across the universe,sung beatifully by some girl.Almost had me in tears.

Oriental period Beatles ... hmm, several to choose from in this category

Could have been Within You Without You from Sergeant Pepper, but I think it has to be Blue Jay Way from the Magical Mystery Tour.

Hello Goodbye was originally a single. The Blue and Red albums were released a few years later.

I just heard what I think is the best song I''ve heard in ages!
Brilliant,even,in my mind;''And your bird can sing''(Beatles).
The double guitar in it is great! WOW! Love it maaan!!

I'm gonna have to go with Day Tripper or Helter Skelter. They are both terrific songs, especially Day Tripper.

I love the Beatles...I have been listening to their CDs all day now in my shop...easily my favorite song is/was Eleanor Rigby...

The other ones I love have already been listed inclduing Lucy in teh sky with Diamonds and Let it Be...Yesterday and Help...

...but I also love this cover by Tina Turner which I also think is the best Beatles Cover EVER by anyone...

That's great, EofE, but if we're talking Beatles covers there is only one I can think of that surpasses the original in my opinion ... and it's not bad for a second single Confusedmile:

That scream reduces me to a quivering wreck ever time I hear it.

marshlander Wrote:That's great, EofE, but if we're talking Beatles covers there is only one I can think of that surpasses the original in my opinion ... and it's not bad for a second single Confusedmile:

That scream reduces me to a quivering wreck ever time I hear it.

I just saw this..if a thread is not at the top of the page under recent posts I tend to forget about it. I do have to agree with you....as much as I love Tina's Help Cocker knocks it out of the park.