Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your role?
If you have to choose this class in classic RPG (NWN, DnD, or Skyrim), or potray yourself in real life, which one you will pick? Describe it Smile

1. Warrior/Knight
2. Paladin/Crusader
3. Healer/Cleric
4. Wizard/Spellcaster
5. Archer/Hunter
6. Thief/Rogue
7. Assassin
8. Battlemage (mage-warrior)
9. Druid
10. Shadowdancer (mage-assassin)
11. Bard
12. Jack of all trade (mix off all)

And don't forget to also choose your alignment.
Lawful - Good
Neutral - Neutral
Chaotic - Evil

For example:
Paladin-Lawful Good
I will smite the evil and bring light to this dark world!! Big Grin

Back when I played RPGs I was always Chaotic Good (or equivalent) unless it was a one shot, partially because that reflected me (especially back then) but also because it was fun (I did drift to Chaotic Neutral once but that made sense to the story, and once I played a Chaotic Neutral halfling but intended from the start for her to drift to Chaotic Good). Other than that I didn't really care.

Btw, I played an elf bladesinger (this was foisted on me, I didn't choose it) who quickly developed antipathy to many paladins (did make a few exceptions) and tended to play pranks on them (and gods, treating that annoying talking Holy Sword by using it to clean dung off my boots while my party laughed and taunted the sword that vainly attempted to take control of my character's mind really cost me and our entire party once it forced another character to surrender it to an especially zealous paladin forever seeking to punish evil doers, including blasphemers like my elf which is when my character begin to become downright hostile to paladins...but my character survived and later slew an even worse paladin--in self-defense though my character did come to the defense of a halfling the paladin was after--that had it and threw the holy sword into the plane of fire for the 2 killed by the first paladin coming after us).

This sorta made sense to my character's back story (including being the daughter of a Mischiefmaker, that is a cleric of the elven god of chaos & rogues forever seeking to upset authority), the general attitude of my gaming group, and the fact that I just read Thornhold in trying to familiarize myself with the Forgotten Realms which included some nasty paladins...and I loved this quote:

“A paladin may well be the finest, purest example of what a man can be–-the epitome of all that is noble. And a paladin mounted for battle on his war charger, filled with holy zeal and absolute courage, might well be the most inspiring sight that many mortals could hope to see. He can, and does, accomplish much good. But a hundred paladins, a thousand? United in purpose, single-minded and driven by their sense of duty? I tell you truly, Uncle, I can think of no better definition of terror.”

–Danilo Thann in Thornhold by Elaine Cunningham

JimmyDalton Wrote:If you have to choose this class in classic RPG (NWN, DnD, or Skyrim), or potray yourself in real life, which one you will pick? Describe it Smile

1. Warrior/Knight
2. Paladin/Crusader
3. Healer/Cleric
4. Wizard/Spellcaster
5. Archer/Hunter
6. Thief/Rogue
7. Assassin
8. Battlemage (mage-warrior)
9. Druid
10. Shadowdancer (mage-assassin)
11. Bard
12. Jack of all trade (mix off all)

And don't forget to also choose your alignment.
Lawful - Good
Neutral - Neutral
Chaotic - Evil

For example:
Paladin-Lawful Good
I will smite the evil and bring light to this dark world!! Big Grin

warriork night

@Pix
You're really into RPG Smile

jasonkirk Wrote:warriork night
What about the alignment? Are you a good lawful defender or chaotic barbarian? [emoji4]

I myself pick neutral good cleric. Good at hand to hand combat and can cast a few spells to survive. I also don't want to choose side.

Archer/Hunter
Neutral/True Neutral/Lawful Neutral.
Elf/Wood Elf.

Typically staying neutral is hard to do... Keeping that balance going is, in the old school D&D that I used to play back when it came out (Which was the Middle Ages).

I have a long bow and know how to make arrows in real life - I'm real good at fletching (which isn't the same thing as felching). I have hunted many a time with a 50# bow.... I used to be real good until my left arm decided to go all weak and treacherous. So I already had the affinity for Archer/Hunter.

Elves - well ya know how it is.... Its far easier to be what you are than try to pretend to be a mythological creature like a human or sumthin..... :biggrin:

4. Wizard/Spellcaster (I just always play this!..)
Chaotic Evil (The evils usually have cooler spells! Big Grin)

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Archer/Hunter
Neutral/True Neutral/Lawful Neutral.
Elf/Wood Elf.

Typically staying neutral is hard to do... Keeping that balance going is, in the old school D&D that I used to play back when it came out (Which was the Middle Ages).

I have a long bow and know how to make arrows in real life - I'm real good at fletching (which isn't the same thing as felching). I have hunted many a time with a 50# bow.... I used to be real good until my left arm decided to go all weak and treacherous. So I already had the affinity for Archer/Hunter.

Elves - well ya know how it is.... Its far easier to be what you are than try to pretend to be a mythological creature like a human or sumthin..... :biggrin:

You have longbow, can craft arrow, and can shoot with bow? Unbelievable! I always wanted to be able to use bow. No more hotter than a living Legolas Youre-hot

Cuddly Wrote:4. Wizard/Spellcaster (I just always play this!..)
Chaotic Evil (The evils usually have cooler spells! Big Grin)

I see.... Most villain bosses are wizard. They are powerful, and annoying with their spells, including teleportation.