Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is.....
I was chatting to a friend just now . She is dating a guy in a band (not one u would know) he told her like a week ago the three magic words: I Love You!!! But then heard him performing a song titled "Love is a psycho killer". My immediate answer to that was that she should get a restraining order! Mdrbig

So here is a very typical question : what is Love to you? Confusedmile:

Wow.. I have been meaning to reply to this post but I never did get around to it. So I guess I will try to answer this question.

Love to me is...
I would have to say this is one of the hardest questions on the face of the earth for a lot of people to answer, but it's different from person to person. For me love is not something I can put into words so easily. It's just one of those feelings you get and you know it's right. If I had to sum it up into words, I might have to make a visual aid to go with it. :biggrin:
When I'm around someone that I have feelings for and they always make me laugh even when times are at it's worst.
I can look them in the eyes and all I want to do is smile.
They know when I'm mad, sad or just completely off my rocker.
When I'm around them, I get this warm feeling inside that makes me want to either piss my pants or start shoving ice down my throat.

hehehe.. you'll know when I'm in love because I start to get all romantic and shit.

hrmmm... now I cant think of anything else... I totally lost my train of thought. I have only been in love once and my heart was crushed like a car smashing into a wall at 120 mph head on. I will have to come back and add more when I think of more.

Hmmm...well I must first say that I do believe in true love. But the odds of finding true love are soo small that one could easily waste a lifetime looking for it with no luck and it would be just that - luck - if one could find it. Soooo...in light of that, I think love is largely linked to respect and common interests. Loving someone (in a romantic aspect) is finding a friend with similar goals and beliefs that you can build a life with and have fun with while being vulnerable to them and safe because of them at the same time. I'd consider myself lucky to find that much, let alone a true love.

Suddenly i feel the guilty one having someone in my life the last 4 years..all be it he can be an idiot most of the time !

And what do you mean by that?

Oh I dunno... just me being the usual twat i guess ..

inthemaking Wrote:Hmmm...well I must first say that I do believe in true love. But the odds of finding true love are soo small that one could easily waste a lifetime looking for it with no luck and it would be just that - luck - if one could find it. Soooo...in light of that, I think love is largely linked to respect and common interests. Loving someone (in a romantic aspect) is finding a friend with similar goals and beliefs that you can build a life with and have fun with while being vulnerable to them and safe because of them at the same time. I'd consider myself lucky to find that much, let alone a true love.

Aww... Lovely way to describe love. Couldn't agree more, you saved me from the trouble answering my own question. Add a bit of physical attraction and spark completes the picture of what love is to me.

that is a lovely view of it inthemaking...

Love to me is...

Unconditional, freeing...
Not restrictive, or controlling.

Indescribably overwhelming, words escape it...
The only fair way to describe it in words is to say it is indescribable.

It consists of a very, very, very special "something" that just isn't there with anyone else...

When you feel you could just listen to / watch that person for all eternity, even if they blabbered on all night about crap.

You feel warmed by them, comfortable with them.

It does what it is doing to me now... leaving me lost for words!

Riki

What is love?

Some people confuse loving with being in love. The latter is the epitome of romanticism, representing emotional rollercoasters and the promise of eternal happiness wrapped in one person. Unfortunately, as a lot of people experience, total happiness is not found in another person, in something external - but inside oneself. Unlimited happiness, peace, contentment - call it what you may - does exist, in abundance, but by definition can't be found in limited objects. It is easier to search outside of oneself, and that's why some people look for it in so many different things, or persons. Externally, it can only be found in limited portions. But when one manages to tap the eternal source of happiness, of love - a sentiment so strong that we express it towards all forms of life - one can love a dog, a plant, a child, a partner with the same intensity. Pure unconditional love is universal and knows no distinctions. It is the essence of everything, and it should be every human being's duty to experience it and spread it. Life without love is not life at all.

I step down from my soapbox!!

amitabha - absolutely astounding insight into what love really is there! fantastic and true! this really is what love is!