Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What it feels like to be a woman? Dustin Hoffman speaks.
Beautiful confession about making Tootsie by Dustin Hoffman, a real actor if ever there was one. Just so touching.

Sensational! So many men still think we are being hysterical bra burners when we mention this reality that penetrates so much of life- that being considered attractive by a man, any man, is the highest thing we can aspire to, in a woman more worthwhile then any academic, artistic or physical feat. Nice one Dustin Hoffman!!

The tears in his eyes show great humanity.

Also respect, and humility; not many can consider and acknowledge their own frailties and failures in the past. What a guy; will watch that film with a renewed perspective!

This video has gone viral around the time when Wimbledon Champion Marion Bartoli is being derided as fat and ugly, as people say she actually didn't deserve to win a TENNIS competition because they considered her LOOKS to be inferior to the competitors! Just shows we need a message like that, and he does it superbly.

Wow. I've never heard a man explain it like that. It even got me thinking a bit, because I have been brainwashed too. I'm going to have to watch this again. Very well done, Dustin.

The brainwashing this great artist speaks of, is the same type of brainwashing gays have on gays in gay society....they one I so vehemently despise and fight against, tooth and nail.

Absolutely brilliant ,thank you for sharing it PA.

I look forward to sharing it with my granddaughters.

I like Dustin Hoffman. But to tell the truth I think it says more about him than about how the world sees women.
I believe if the imaginary woman at the party "had something in her", the spark or how we are going to call it - the very thing he managed to give his Tootsie, he would approach her and talk to her.

From my experience, the craziness of the beauty ideal that is presented to us by media, is just that - a media thing. Majority of women is not stressed by the photoshoped pictures and beauty contests. And maybe you would be surprised but they don't look for a picture-perfect men either. Maybe they do when they are teenagers.

Someone mentioned here at GS a woman who run a restaurant. He said she had not been a classical beauty, but the place hadn't shined when she had not been there.
From my experience, this is how the majority of men see women.

I have spent many years among women and at hetero family and relationship boards. Perhaps time has changed since the Tootsie was made, or my country is different.
Majority of women is not stressed from the fear that they won't find a man because they are not beautiful enough.
And those who do and spend a lot of time in front of a mirror, usually look for and want the men who consider the look to be very important too.

From my experience it's a choice, not a burden that has been put on women OR men. It's their choice, by the way they behave and look they try to attract the perfect match who would suit them, their needs and beliefs.

The movie is great and maybe I will watch it tonight again. Smile Thanks for the reminder.