Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of book would you be? :)
The thread about paper vs. electronic books reminded me of the question I read in a book about psychology.

Try the game - without reading my post to the end first Smile Without any deep thinking - if you were a book, how would you look like?

Do you have the picture in your mind? So, now: again without deep thinking - WHY, would you look like that? Smile

When I played it for the first time, I blurted: I would be the paperback with a book jacket (um, yes they exist LOL)

and my answer to the second question was... Because book jackets are very annoying, you have to take them off if want to read/use/get to know the book and not be bothered with the jacket not fitting well. And jackets on paperbacks are insanely annoying.

When I was thinking about it later, I was shocked how accurately it fitted.

How about you? Smile Will you be a big book? Small? Heavy? Old? Electronic? With pictures? With a CD included? With many explaining notes? Smile

i'd probably be a magazine or something LOL

Id be a small dog eared book of short storys, missing the index page, some storys would be sad, and some would be happy.

I think I'd be a pop-up book....

I'd be an old and dusty ledger filled with morbid fairy tales, poems and hand-made illustrations! Something a primary school misfit might love at first sight.

Stephen King meets Benny Hill meets Billy Connelly meets Raymond Feist....Horrific comedy and funny fantasy.

LOL, I love your answers!

I've planned this out with my friend over a few years:

it would be a series of cookbooks released in volumes. THey'd all have pictures of owls on the covers in a beautiful nighttime forest view you know to really freak people out. There'd wouldnt even be a title just an owl picture, so you don't know what volume you're getting until its a surprise.

Then there would be a whole lot of stories underneath the recipes. The apple strudel recipe will be very disjointed, with ingredients plus the sad tale of the fall of the old bourgeoisie in 1920s shanghai and my grandmother on page 34. The method would be on page 78 with a big arrow coming out into the sides of the book so you know where to go, it's fun to print on the side of a book.

There will be extensive photography. Not only of the food but also of the seaside city of Tauranga. Which will come with another short story about the existential crisis of a scientist and his kumara farm.

During the lull of volumes 3 to katakana character ル, there will mostly be rants about smacking children and the difficulty in obtaining muslin cloth.

Finally, the last volume - Volume Cyrillic Я - of the cookbook series will be about me. There will be a collection of short stories and poetry, with artworks based on the motif of a spiral. \

The volumes will span the set of integers, the english, french, icelandic alphabets, followed by hiragana, katakana, traditional chinese, hangul, chosongul, Malayalam script, cree script, Serbian cyrillic, simplified chinese, Peh-oe-ji, and finally Russian cyrillic.

Of course, it will all be written in dactylic hexameter.

I don't really know...

maybe some sorta textbook....something that would be very very boring & you wouldn't want to read...not to metion wouldn't contain any valuable info LOL

Oh come on, Jay Smile I had textbooks that were incredibly interesting.