Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of book would you be? :)
I would most likely be an autobiography, because I enjoy talking/bragging about myself.

An extremely thick, 2000+ pages novel. I'd have that weird bumpy texture to cover myself. The pages are yellowed at the edges. The print is in delicate cursive, like that of an Asian tiger mother. The pages have a wonderful border design. The pages have a smell of age, knowledge, and experience. The content is dark with happy, light undertones covering various subjects, i.e. death penalties, marriage, bananas, communism, Asian tiger Mothers, etc. The index is perfect and gives you the sentence the word you're looking for is in.

I would be a comedic, tongue-in-cheek, slightly sarcastic, Romance/Adventure novel. My cover would look like a Harlequin romance novel from the 50's. Something like this:

[Image: May09Harlequin50s1LG.jpg]

Miles Wrote:This is too awesome and I'd buy a copy of you for each of my friends. Rofl

As a book I'd be a book of Jim Morrison lyrics: shamanic posturing and awkwardly feigning significance without actually saying anything of substance.

Rofl I fell out when I read this! Someone needs to do a skit of this!

Nick9 Wrote:Oh come on, Jay Smile I had textbooks that were incredibly interesting.
true there are some textbooks that are good and/or interesting Smile
LOL I wouldn't be one of those Laugh

I have changed my mind from my last reply.

I would be any book...as long as it was written in Braille so you would have to touch me all over and get the full story before the climactic ending Wink

Naughty Big Grin

I'd be that old, bland, bent cornered hardcover book that has a lock and key that sits on your shelf that you can't seem to come to grips with getting rid of. When you find that old key, turn it in the lock, and open the cover you find pristine pages that aren't bent up and look new. The story told in the book is riddled with curiousity (even though you've read it a hundred times) that reminds you why you kept it for so long. When the book ends you see that it's never really ended but continues on and on. Closing the book you feel that sense of warmth the old dusty thing gave you so many times before.
That's what I'd imagine I'd be like if I was a book.

I'd be that lengthy instruction manual everyone dreads reading but has to anyways. Maybe I tell you how to piece together your cheap Ikea furniture, or even how to play your new favorite board game. Either way, I will confuse and frustrate you with my terminology until you're ready to just sleep on the floor and throw your game board out the window.

oh, GS is a wonderful library! Smile