Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What languages do you speak?
romanian, english and intermediate french. i can read spanish and italian Confusedmile:

english. but im learning japanese.

shadow Wrote:Do you speak mainstream Spanish in Argentina, or is Argentinian a stylised version of the regular Spanish ?

It's just that Spanish is the next language I'm probably going to learn, so I was wondering if I might be able to try and speak with you in Spanish at some point once I'm a bit (read: CONSIDERABLY) more comfortable with it ?

Cheers mon ami !

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

portugal_the_man también esta aprendiendo español, podemos charlar, dependiendo el nivel que tengas.

spanish in argentina has a different accent to other latin american countries except for uruguay (which used to be an argentinian province in 19th century). gramatically is similar, the difference is that in argentina and uruguay we use 'vos' for third person in singular, instead of 'tu'. spanish accents would be something like the comparison between american and british english. each country, including spain, has a particular accent.

saludos!

Coolness !! Thanks for the explanation ...

... so if I were to pick up regular Spanish (as would be spoken in Spain, for example), then you would understand me no worries (assuming, of course, I learnt it well enough) - that's great Confusedmile:.

Thanks mon ami !

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

drocko17 Wrote:portugal_the_man también esta aprendiendo español, podemos charlar, dependiendo el nivel que tengas.

spanish in argentina has a different accent to other latin american countries except for uruguay (which used to be an argentinian province in 19th century). gramatically is similar, the difference is that in argentina and uruguay we use 'vos' for third person in singular, instead of 'tu'. spanish accents would be something like the comparison between american and british english. each country, including spain, has a particular accent.

saludos!
Is it a different accent, or a whole different dialect? I've heard that if I were to listen to different dialects of English (my native language), I wouldn't understand it. On the other hand, I can usualy understand most people that speak with a different accent.Confusedmile:

Some languages have dialects that are very different than others. English seems to be fairly homogenous in its varying dialects. English people use different slang terms than Americans, as do Austrailians, etc but with all that we can still understand each other pretty effectively.
I speak English, a little German, and I'm hoping to learn some Pashtu before I head to Afganistan

To be honest with you, I'm English and I find some English accents to be somewhat difficult to understand ... particularly if they are speaking quickly. Fortunately with the English, most of our regional accents (and they are almost all accents and not dialects) are very distinctive - e.g. you would readily be able to identify somebody from Cornwall as being different from somebody from Birmingham, and be easily able to distinguish that person from a guy from Liverpool ...

... but yeah - we're a varied bunch alright Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

sexyzackers Wrote:Is it a different accent, or a whole different dialect? I've heard that if I were to listen to different dialects of English (my native language), I wouldn't understand it. On the other hand, I can usualy understand most people that speak with a different accent.Confusedmile:

different accents. maybe people from dominican republic seem to speak in a very different way to people in argentina, because of pronunciation and vocabulary, but language is basically the same.

i only can speak Mandarin and some English...
but there are too many dialects in chinse, so people even from two conjoint city, can't understand each other well..