Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What piece of classical music do you like?
Most people young or old usually like some classical music, which is yours?

It would be interesting to find what classical composer appeals to all ages.

Since some of us enjoy many different composers. so please post as many as you like.

Lets start with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 21 - Andante.

My favourite at the moment is Brahms 4th symphony - magic! You can download a very good recording of it free on the Deutsche Welle website:

Brahms‘ Symphony Nr. 4 | Classical Masterpieces | Deutsche Welle

Does: Flight of the bumblebee count? Because i personally find that awesome.

Yes D5 you can include it.

"Flight of the Bumblebee" is an orchestral interlude written by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov for his opera The Tale of Tsar Saltan, composed in 1899–1900.

Any more folks. :dance3:

this is an obvious piece but its still has my heart

If it counts as classical, then most definitely Va, Pensiero by Verdi. Also, Pachelbel's Canon in D Minor is up there among my favourites.

Both beautiful and moving in their own different ways.

Ky xx

It's Clair du lune for me.
Listened to it since i was a kid.

(of course then twilight got all the little bitches listening too ¬_¬ )

Dvorak's Romance for Violin in f minor op.11.

Though my favourite version of it was transcribed for the Viola and performed by Barnard Zaslav. I can't find a link to the whole piece, but to me it is beauty captured and expressed perfectly. 11 minutes of sheer wonder and expression. Every time i play it (viola transcription) i feel so overcome to be a part of it. It touches me very deeply.

Geoponic Wrote:It's Clair du lune for me.
Listened to it since i was a kid.

(of course then twilight got all the little bitches listening too ¬_¬ )

Agreed on this... while I'm all for bringing classical compositions to a wider audience, it can be a bit annoying when people announce that they love classical music and the only example they can give it "That song from Twilight." Smart money says most couldn't even name the composer. >_<

Debussy, btw. :tongue:

Ky xx

Why does it matter if people heard the song on a movie?
I heard moonlight sonata on The Truman Show and decided thats one of my favourite classical pieces.

Other wise i would have never of heard of it, so if people like clair de lune because of twilight what is wrong with that, the song is placed in a perfect position within the film their doing debussy a favor.

Most people I've come across who like clair de lune say they didn't hear it on twilight 1st yet you know they have so why does it matter in the end its fantastic.