Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What 'ruins' a movie for you?
Anything with Hilary Duff in it hahahaha, no seriously, there's some movies I like but there's some actors that when I know their career is mostly focused on Music as oppose to being an actor I have a hard time believing the character. Jake and I were watching an old Madonna movie last night - A league of their own - and I'm truly sorry, but the role played by Madonna just kept on throwing me back that she's not the character, she's Madonna. No matter how believable her character may be she's still Madonna.

Poor continuity. If the car windows are half-way up and there's only one person in the car, leave the damn car windows alone.

Alex Wrote:but there's some actors that when I know their career is mostly focused on Music as oppose to being an actor I have a hard time believing the character. Jake and I were watching an old Madonna movie last night - A league of their own - and I'm truly sorry, but the role played by Madonna just kept on throwing me back that she's not the character, she's Madonna. No matter how believable her character may be she's still Madonna.

i think one of the exceptions to this is Justin Timberlake. he's not a remarkable talent in acting though. i think he's very mediocre and pulls in the offers solely due to his celebrity status, but at least he is believable. i don't get reminded of his musical career when i watch a film where he's starring.

meridannight Wrote:i think one of the exceptions to this is Justin Timberlake. he's not a remarkable talent in acting though. i think he's very mediocre and pulls in the offers solely due to his celebrity status, but at least he is believable. i don't get reminded of his musical career when i watch a film where he's starring.

Well, since I'm not much a fan of Justin's music, I can appreciate him as an actor. See, one I like is Mark Walhberg, I actually find him better at acting than singing Smile

Being on a plane where there's no way of avoiding it. Recently I had a 31 hour flight and, had the plane not been equipped to allow passengers to watch what they wanted, I might have been subjecte to eight films not to mention two very long promos for the countries who ran the airline I was on. In general what wrecks a movie for me is just having to watch one. I have said I will attend one if I'm promised that Tom Cruise is really blown up....

I really enjoyed Disneys Alice in Wonderland, but at the end, the dance. Oh god how much that dance ruined that movie. If it weren't for that one scene I would have bought the movie and have watched it several more times. Stupid things like that ruin the feel of a movie, or make it childish just to be childish.

We get it Disney you focus on childlike things just don't stuff things like that down your movies just for the sake of it.

Characters like Jar Jar Binks from Star wars really ruin a movie for me, why oh why could they just not have left him in the swamp????????

Too much gore and not enough content. I didn't like the SAW movies. I saw a couple of them and... yeah, it was like the movies were specifically made just for the gratuitous gore.

Abject stupidity passed off as comedy. There's a point where I become embarrassed for the people in the film and it's just... no.

Cutting of the Achilles tendon. There's a handful of movies that have this in it including Pet Cemetery, Hostel, I Saw The Devil, and House of Wax. I'm sure there's others. It's something I just can't handle watching. Doesn't matter if it's fake.

Rape. Doesn't matter who the victim is, or their gender. Hinting at it, I can deal with. But showing it on film is something I can't handle.

Feces. Just ew. Regardless of -supposedly- being "funny" in some movies? I just can't find the humor.

Actors speaking so softly I can't hear them

Shia LaBeouf.