Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's on Your Mind
I somehow managed to hit myself in the eye popping my contact lens out... put another in and overnight now my eye hurts lol. It will be fine just irritating...debating on whether or not to wear a pair today.

All this reminds me that I really need to get an updated pair of glasses, the glasses I have are kind of old.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I feel great right now omg it's amazing I can't explain it omg it's so surreal holy crap

Welp... I just tore two computers apart for no reason, other than I'm blind...

So I have two computers that have Z170 chipsets, support the same Intel CPU's. One has a Gigabyte board which has my Skylake CPU and the other a MSI board has a Pentium G4400, low end CPU that I used, once upon a time for mining...now does echolink for ham radio and a few other things.

So I had thought for some reason the Gigabyte board didn't have M.2 slots, so I figured I'd swap boards because I know the MSI board has them. Apparently I am blind because after tearing into the computer I discovered the Gigabyte board does have M.2 slots... To my defense the board is black. So the good news is that I can go ahead an order a M.2 solid state drive, which will allow me to leave my Kubuntu install on my RAID 5 and keep it away from Windows trying to stick bootloaders on the damn array wiping out GRUB. I don't know what the deal is but it is as if Windows just looks for any other bootloader to overwrite despite where you install Windows.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

So last night I got invited to a private Facebook group that is planning on doing a *peaceful* protest in a nearby town near where I live. Some of the people I know either in person or from work, etc. So I feel like their intentions are to have a peaceful protest. I kind of want to participate but...

Not very long after the group's creation and all the people who were being invited (went from 30 to 300+ within 24 hours) some white supremacists got in and started spreading misinformation. Never before have I witnessed this sort of thing unfold in realtime. Anyway, I am a little concerned that some of these people (racists) might be planning either to harm the protesters or try to escalate things.... I have to admit, kind of nervous about going...not that I wouldn't be without the "soft" threats being made. What I mean by soft threats, kind of like how you might sugar coat something but what you really want to say is that you want to shoot "liberals" let's just say.
Check out my stuff!

So I am literally trying to help with a problem with our ERP software (I know that's super vague but it should be) that has apparently been around since 2007. They have had tickets open with the state and the vendor with no real success. So not exactly optimistic that it will get fixed...maybe...who knows.
Check out my stuff!

time to go therapist hunting again, since the sites been down I discovered that my father had to do therapy for depression and the reason why I never saw my grandmother (his mother) that much is because from what I'm told she suffers from schizophrenia. I always believed the intermittent waves of depression was just because I wasn't happy with where I was in life.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

@ceez hopefully you can find a therapist that clicks with you. It took a long time and I also didn't know any better, I just assumed you got what you got. Of course after about a year of going to my therapist she moved across the state...so rather than go back through the process again I just stopped going.

But I know what you mean about not being happy where you're at in life. I have to really just let that go because if I think much on that I will get depressed and just go on a tangent...
Check out my stuff!

Bored enough to play with OBS studio enough to just stream weather, yes you read that right...just weather and yes music you would expect to hear on the weather channel.

Check out my stuff!

I was supposed to be joining my sister this month and staying away from the booze, but I don't think I'm going to make it.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

(06-14-2020, 09:43 PM)ceez Wrote: I was supposed to be joining my sister this month and staying away from the booze, but I don't think I'm going to make it.

If you need anyone to talk to I am always here Bighug
“Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”  [Image: 1f3a9.png]
[-] The following 1 member Likes Meebs's post:
  • ceez