Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's on Your Mind
@Cridders88 @Bookworm @ChadCoxRox Well the swelling has gone down and seems to look better where I was bit. Still unsure but will keep an eye on it since the area around the bite can turn into a bit of a crater, so I'm just playing it by ear. Not painful, just a bit sore at the bite area, so I'm beginning to have my doubts it was a brown recluse....but that was probably the largest area I seen get swollen by any insect bite (yes I know spiders aren't technically insects, I don't care lol).

@Karl Rand Yep the Redback and America's Black Widow spiders are closely related...and have similar effects if you get bit by one. Fortunately I've not seen one in a very long time. Getting bit by one of those is a trip to the ER.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I just got taunted by a couple of dudes while walking in the street. They didn't say anything, just gave me the crazy eyes and waved their arms at me to block the sidewalk I was walking down. Thankfully they let me pass by by walking around them off in the road. I'm a bit flustered at the moment. 

@InbetweenDreams even though some species of spiders aren't poisonous, their bite can carry bacteria that causes infections. I was once bit by a spider in New England, one of the safest areas, that made me have a huge bump on the back of my hand. A doctor gave me antibiotics for it and it went away.

(05-29-2021, 10:03 PM)Chase Wrote: I just got taunted by a couple of dudes while walking in the street. They didn't say anything, just gave me the crazy eyes and waved their arms at me to block the sidewalk I was walking down. Thankfully they let me pass by by walking around them off in the road. I'm a bit flustered at the moment.

Oh wow!!! Scary shit for sure!  Loveya
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

(05-30-2021, 03:31 PM)ChadCoxRox Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 10:03 PM)Chase Wrote: I just got taunted by a couple of dudes while walking in the street. They didn't say anything, just gave me the crazy eyes and waved their arms at me to block the sidewalk I was walking down. Thankfully they let me pass by by walking around them off in the road. I'm a bit flustered at the moment.

Oh wow!!! Scary shit for sure!  Loveya
I’ve been a pugnacious little shit since primary school having been taught to defend myself by a neighbour, and ex professional boxer. 
I understand though the threatening behavior of ‘straight’ male groups ( who are often up each other like rats up a drainpipe in private!).

Women often suffer the same treatment at the hands of males though.  In the late 1970’s I joined the Gay Liberation Front at Melbourne University becoming friends with a fascinating dyke. Her parents who ran a Salvation Army Mission to Seamen taught her to defend herself from an early age. Walking with Judy past a city building site a worker whistled at her and yelled “Hey lady, wanna fuck?” A short very ‘feminine’ dyke, Judy was the wrong target to pick. She walked onto the building site and in an ever so polite manner asked him ‘Were you the gentleman who whistled at me?’ Him “ Yeh lady - what are ya gunna do about it” Upon which Judy king hit him unconscious. Now doubt his workmates who witnessed this reminded him of the event for a long time afterwards. Judy later on ran a shelter for bashed and abused women in another city. I imagine a number of men who somehow tracked their ex wives etc down to the shelter were soon taught a lesson.

So this guy who I barely know from school asked me out of the blue at 5 AM what my sister's name was... Mind you, I haven't spoke to this person since maybe 8th or 9th grade, wasn't really friends with him and doubt he knew my sister and vice versa. Just find it odd and maybe I'm being overly suspicious... However, my sister did have sort of a stalker situation about 10 years ago so I'm obviously going to be apprehensive about any seemingly random people asking about her...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

What’s on my mind? How to start a new thread on this forum. I can’t see anything like a feature allowing us to do so.
What am I missing?

@Karl Rand You've made threads before? Browse to the forum of your choice and click "Post Thread" at the top right of the page. I assume you're on a computer and not a mobile device like a phone or tablet? (I ask because the site can look different on those)...
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

I can't say I'm surprised by this but it still boggles my mind... So I guess you could say I window shop without any intent of buying when it comes to grindr. I just get bored and look on the app. Probably should get out of the habit of that. I made the mistake of opening the app while in another town and got a message someone, of course they sent the barrage of photos and then a message telling me they hope I get cancer because I apparently read their message (I hadn't) and didn't respond in 5 minutes. Of course, I blocked him and reported this guy, but before I did I checked this guy's profile out. Tagline was "be proud" with a rainbow emoji. I thought how ridiculous it is to indicate you're for love and equality, against hate and then spew out that kind of hate to a complete stranger. Yes, this guy might have felt misled because I didn't respond or whatever, but really? I mean I've said my share of mean shit but I can't recall telling a complete stranger to go fuck themselves because they didn't reply or that I hope they get cancer or some other atrocity.
Check out my stuff!

Well I just got done with what is probably the best guest I have had on my podcast. I think it is genuinely worth a listen, not that I thought I did a great job conducting an interview or anything. I don't know, I kind of feel depressed. Like, maybe I had no business interviewing someone who clearly is more deserving than the audience I have. I think I should probably take a class on how to conduct interviews. I always come away thinking I could have been more prepared, I could have asked this question or that question. I kind of feel embarrassed that I might have wasted this guy's time. At the same time I kind of felt off all day.
Check out my stuff!

(06-16-2021, 01:29 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Well I just got done with what is probably the best guest I have had on my podcast. I think it is genuinely worth a listen, not that I thought I did a great job conducting an interview or anything. I don't know, I kind of feel depressed. Like, maybe I had no business interviewing someone who clearly is more deserving than the audience I have. I think I should probably take a class on how to conduct interviews. I always come away thinking I could have been more prepared, I could have asked this question or that question. I kind of feel embarrassed that I might have wasted this guy's time. At the same time I kind of felt off all day.
The Human Race is Insane.