Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's on Your Mind
Just wanted to update on my progress since my last posts.

I started my new role Monday and I am so glad I decided to go back to work and not give it up. I was worried about what people would think about my sickness leave and various other thoughts about ‘what other people would be thinking’ but all I’ve actually experienced this week is positive reactions and people welcoming me back. My new role has also definitely made a difference; I’m able to completely manage myself and be creative again. I’ve also had a full week of taking lunch breaks - I cannot remember the last time I had a week like this.

Also, coming home to the new addition, Dinky the kitten, has helped a lot too. I haven’t slept well all week due to sudden 4am athletics, 5am mew-fests and various shenanigans but it is all worth it.

I always know there is a likely chance I will hit a low again in future but I also remember just like now, by giving it time, asking for help or just sharing the load, I will get through it.

Thank you to everyone who offered advice and support, it’s another reason I love this forum and hope I can support you too should ever need it (of course, hopefully you won’t!).

Ian
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.
[-] The following 4 members Like IanSaysHi's post:
  • Bhp91126, Bookworm, Cridders88, InbetweenDreams

Sending good thoughts to @CellarDweller following last night's storms. Hope he's in good shape.
[-] The following 2 members Like calgor's post:
  • Bookworm, InbetweenDreams

Our local politicians are fucking morons... We're on the express bus to hell.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

People on Facebook arguing about whether honey is vegan or not...because some bees are harmed in the process of beekeeping...

*sigh*
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

well when it's THAT idiotic all I can do is laugh and laugh and laugh...to keep from even visiting FB
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

@ChadCoxRox I mean I can acknowledge that farming cattle for 7 billion people on the planet is not sustainable. I had that discussion with Bunzl on my podcast (which is horrible, I know), but this vegan stuff just doesn't hold water. I mean people can do whatever they want, but I don't think it is right to tell others what they should or shouldn't eat on the basis of morality. Can't speak for everyone of course, but that is what it seems to be from my perspective.
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

Vegan is not a title you earn or which can be removed. The are no Vegan-cards to be taken away (unlike Gay-cards), there’s no hierarchy, no gold-star-vegans (ahem). As long as you feel good about your decisions you can ignore the wannabe-gatekeepers.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bhp91126's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

reverse-seared two days in a row is all I can say...
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I know there's not a whole lot to doing steak but I'm actually pretty darn good at getting a good sear on a steak.
Check out my stuff!

(09-06-2021, 02:17 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: I know there's not a whole lot to doing steak but I'm actually pretty darn good at getting a good sear on a steak.

I bet you can sear more than steak.

[-] The following 1 member Likes ChadCoxRox's post:
  • InbetweenDreams