Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the Weirdest Food You've Ate?
I'd say the weirdest thing I have ate was Combination Pho which has several meats in it, one of them unknown to me was tripe. I think it was one of those things I was better off not knowing what it was. I made the mistake of asking my sister what it was...I thought it was squid or something Evillaugh
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Whitebait patties.

[Image: whitebait-pattie.jpg]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Fried oysters and sweetbreads (not at the same time) I’m sure I had some weird stuff when I was in Japan but I found it best not to ask.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I'm not sure what you mean by weird. Foods we find weird, or most people find weird? I grew up eating clams, oysters, and muscles, so I don't find it weird. I always find it weird when I eat fish eggs, but I like it and still do. I love salmon roe.

(06-02-2020, 02:31 AM)Chase Wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by weird. Foods we find weird, or most people find weird? I grew up eating clams, oysters, and muscles, so I don't find it weird. I always find it weird when I eat fish eggs, but I like it and still do. I love salmon roe.

I guess weird to you? I suppose that is left up to your discretion.

I've had roe on sushi, don't mind it at all. Who knows what I have ate if I include sushi... Man it has been forever since I have had sushi. There really aren't any good Japanese restaurants around here.

My dad is kind of gross... He'll eat pickled pigs feet. I had tried them, they're gross.

(06-02-2020, 01:26 AM)CellarDweller Wrote: Whitebait patties.

[Image: whitebait-pattie.jpg]

Those look good.... what is weird about it?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(06-02-2020, 03:02 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Those look good.... what is weird about it?

It was weird for me, because I never ate a food that was still staring at me.

Obviously they weren't alive or staring at me, but it was a little unnerving. Possibly more so because I was visiting my (then) boyfriend in New Zealand, and these are a common lunch there, and he knew it would freak me out, so he made me try one, and got into my head about it.

He paid for it later.

Wink
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

@CellarDweller Oh the eyes lol. I had to look up other images, ok I get that...That is a bit weird. It still looks appetizing despite that.
Check out my stuff!

One time in Taiwan in Taipei close to the jade market we went into a restaurant which of course was all in Chinese and I refuse to be an ugly American who thinks other people should cater to us - so rude - so I just smiled and pointed at something on the menu and - OH MY! 

Seafood is my favorite and that meal sure put me to the test. It seemed more like a Fear Factor meal and except for one thing I couldn't eat (the texture made me gag) - the rest was pretty good - but I have no idea what the heck it was. I think one of the things was octopus though and it was delicious.

When I was a kid in New York I lived in an all German neighborhood with my Grandparents when my Dad was in the Air Force and we always had a big Sunday dinner and I wish I could remember what we ate because I loved it but it was just "supper" - a lot of it I think looked weird but tasted good but maybe it looked weird because I was a little kid Big Grin

Sometimes @eastofeden it is better not knowing what you ate. I probably would have ate all the tripe in the combination pho if I wasn't told what it was.

But yeah, some tastes with certain textures can be less than appetizing.
Check out my stuff!

My grandma sometimes makes pickled watermelon rinds. It's so weird that you can eat the rind when you pickle it.