Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the message on your answering machine?
Because my number is just one digit differnt to the local maternity hospital and I am being constantly dragged out of bed in the early hours of the morning, or out of the shower, my message starts: " This is not the maternity hospital" So, do you just have a straightforward message or something amusing?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Generic message on the damned thing. I have wanted to change it for a long time, but am avoiding giving the telemarketers any info to use against me.
I bid NO Trump!

just a generic one here.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I have a female voice on my voicemail and she just tells the caller the number that they've dialed and instead of giving out my name...she just tell the caller that the person that you are trying to reach is not available at this time...please leave your name and number and they will get back to you.

"Hi, this is Kevin. Alex and I are not available, please leave a message." Notice that he DOES NOT say "...and we'll return your call..." --- He denies that it was a deliberate omission, BUT he won't re-record it lol...

No idea. Made it like 5 or 6 years ago and have yet to change it. Ask pretty much anyone I know (or don't know) what it says, I'm terrible when it comes to answering calls/texts

"Hello you've reached Paul's answering machine. I am either running to the phone, can't find my phone, or I may be ignoring you. Your choice. Please leave a message"
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

I don't really like the answering machine and for a while I had a message "If you leave me any messages, I'll call you back in the middle of a night". I had to change it when I was waiting for calls with job offers.