Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the purpose of homosexuality in humans?
Do a quick web search for serious science debate or research on the purpose of homosexuality. Can't find anything to speak of? Now google "causes of homosexuality" and get ready to be swamped with all sorts of crap. Welcome to the world of heterocentric science!

I've been thinking on this since about 2002, done loads of research and run it by people in sciences and medicine. Once they stopped perceiving homosexuality through a heterocentric perspective they understand what this is about.

The heterocentric attitude about homosexuality dwells on what causes it and never considers homosexuality might have a purpose in the human species. Heterocentric humans will tell you the purpose of sex in our species is to make offspring. Really? If that was the case human males would have a baculum and females would have pussies that would swell up four times their normal size and turn purple, red, blue or orange when they're ovulating.

There's not one social animal species (other than pelagic fishes) that hasn't come up with a unique breeding strategy that benefits the continuation of the clan bloodline and the well being of the entire species.... ants to whales. Humans aren't exempt once you stop thinking as a heterocentric.

I can go on and on about this but here's the short version.

Homosexuality in humans has a natural purpose related to survival of the social groups and the species. It's real clear when you think about a family clan of early humans with ten children, twenty adult breeders... and five related adult non breeders. The survival rate of the offspring just shot up 10%. Five non breeding adults give a definite advantage in defense and competition with other clans or tribes.

Remember That's the simple short version... If you're interested in this I'll give more details.

Food for brains.

I always wondered why males had the prostrate gland and women didn't. Why would there be a pleasure button THERE, if it wasn't meant to be used? Smile I also enjoy how our arms evolved to be the perfect length for masturbation. Smile

The hell did I just read ? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

leafling Wrote:What are you talking about, there's nothing "real clear" about that whole paragraph!

I suggest you read what you write.

The only way to answer this question is to first ask another one and perhaps many more.

Is our sole purpose to be here to breed, NO, if we have a purpose it as known to us as it is to any human, that is, we don't know what our purpose is or if we have one.

Too bad you didn't read the real black words right after that paragraph.....

Well...I believe in the journey and evolution of the soul and I think in order to evolve off of this plane of existence and on to the next you need to have the entire spectrum of human experience.....

Being gay is a great and most necessary challenge because you have to learn to love yourself exactly as you are.....

There you go...the purpose of homosexuality in humans in 50 words or lessBiglaugh

BlueStar Wrote:The hell did I just read ? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Lol sorry, my bad...but those little confused guys look so much like me.
Do you have any links to material about what you're saying? Or a program designed to improve my reading comprehension? It' in there, I KNOW it's in there, but somehow I'm missing something.

What's the purpose of brown hair in humans? Or green eyes?

Drew02 Wrote:Lol sorry, my bad...but those little confused guys look so much like me.
Do you have any links to material about what you're saying? Or a program designed to improve my reading comprehension? It' in there, I KNOW it's in there, but somehow I'm missing
something.

I'm used to that.
First check out what I said in the 1st paragraph.

The entire thing is that at the 3% to 10% rate of non breeding homosexuals in early human clans would have increased their chances of survival over populations without the same numbers of non breeders.

And beyond this point the conversation would be about everything from the social structure of naked mole rat colonies to the fetal hormone changes that are believed to cause homosexuality are EXACTLY the same changes that permit female clown fish and wrasses to change into males and back into females...

swalter Wrote:What's the purpose of brown hair in humans? Or green eyes?

Those are genetic traits. Homosexuality is not. Comparing apples to shoe boxes there.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Virge's post:
  • braunne

By all means, continue.

BTW, I didn't have any difficulty understanding what you were saying. You're asking the question in evolutionary terms because it is counterintuitive IF the sole purpose of sex is procreation (which as you rightly note it is not). What survival advantage does non breeding adults in a family, clan or tribe, have? You've put forward a reasonable hypothesis. Personally I think there's more to it but I don't know fuck and it sounds like you've not only been thinking about this but doing so in the context of research.

Please, continue!