Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the scariest movie your seen?
Gothika hands down.
I was working at an institution for Criminal Insane at Stockton.
Maybe that had something to do with it.

Eithere way it has stuck with me ever since.

My favorite scary camp: Night of the Lepus. It was just scary enough to me as a teen to freak me out, but funny as hell, too.

Truly scary movie... I tend to avoid them, but The Cell freaked me out.

It's gotta be The Exorcist.

Oh I love horror/scary films! I have so many on my list that I can't pass up here :biggrin:

Eraserhead
The Shining (Kubrick's version, not the god-awful miniseries, despite it being closer to the novel)
Gummo
Blue Velvet
Man Bites Dog
A Clockwork Orange
Flowers of Flesh and Blood
Irréversible
Nekromantik
Happiness
Salò, or 120 Days Of Sodom
Cannibal Holocaust

Most of these movies I have seen are more along the lines of "disturbing" than actually "scary" But I have found its the disturbing films and scenes that last with me much longer than the supernatural "horror" stories.

I'v not seen a movie that has made me frightened yet u.u

dfiant Wrote:Incubus (1982), Poltergeist (1982) and The Exorcist (1973)

Good choices, but there are several others woth mentioning:

-Rosemary's Baby- this is my favorite movie of all-time, I'm not quite sure why, my mother says that as a kid I used to watch this movie with a smile while everyone else shivered.
I just love the scary atmosphere Polanski creates. Mia Farrow was excellent (and deserved an oscar), Ruth Gordon was terrific too and actually won an Oscar. I can't say enough good things about this movie.
-Halloween (the original) probably one of the best independent movies of all time. A critic once said "you feel this movie more than see it". It made Jamie-Lee Curtis the original "Scream Queen".
-An American Werewolf in London my favorite werewolf movie ever. James Naughton is so good. The transformation scenes by the inimitable Rick Baker have yet to be topped!
-I have a soft spot for all "Hammer Horror" films, especially those starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. The Dracula films with Christopher Lee as Dracula are my favorites.
Dracula or The Horror of Dracula as it's known in the U.S. is my favorite film adaptation of Bram Stoker's "Dracula" and it has many sequels.
Peter Cushing as Victor Frankenstein (the first name here changed to Henry) in The Curse of Frankenstein and its sequels are also good.
It's such a pity few people know about Hammer Horror films in the U.S. :frown:
-Nosferatu: The Vampyre is an excellent Dracula film too and one of my favorite silent films, it manages to bee creepy and silent! It doesn't strictly count as a Dracula film because Florence Stoker (Bram's Widow) was still alive and refused to allow her late husband's novel to be filmed by F.W Murnau, the director, so the main character is called Count Orlok and there are some plot changes. Max Schreck is the most visually frightening vampire ever!
-Universal's Val Lewton produced horror films such as The Cat People and I Walked with a Zombie are also excellent.
Finally:
-Basket Case and it's two inferior sequels are hilarious horror movies

Sorry, I made a double post

13 ghosts is what done it forf me... since then i gave up horror films

Me and my best friend never watched a horror movie together again.

Scream series (especially 1 and 2)
The Exorcist
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Orphan - more of a psych thriller but I got scared
and so many more