Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the scariest movie your seen?
Evan88 Wrote:Scream series (especially 1 and 2)
The Exorcist
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Orphan - more of a psych thriller but I got scared
and so many more

The Exorcist is a great Movie. Smile

the spice girls movie

megumidesu Wrote:the spice girls movie

God that was scary. Lol. Smile

Dan1980 Wrote:God that was scary. Lol. Smile

terrifying . i didn't sleep for weeks after i saw it
just knowing that it exists makes me have panic attacks

Genersis Wrote:Err...hmmm....out of them all....it would have to be The Blair Witch Project.
I always find things scarier in first-person.
And it was the expecting to see something any second which creeped me the fuck out. Which makes you feel silly after it's over considering you never do see anything.:redface:

Immediately think of the same movie when seeing the title...scared the shit out of me

I go through horror phases, and there are some DUMB flicks out there...
But there are two I want to see: Antichrist and Jacob's Ladder. ALL the rental places that take requests around town went out of business a couple years ago, and neither Redbox nor Netflix have either...:rage:

To answer the OP, The Exorcist and The Ring scared me in high school, now it's just CG gore bullshit. I do cringe at those gore close-ups they did a bunch of in the 80s, though, shudder to think of it now.

Paranormal Activity gave me the creeps! Didn't care for 2 & 3 though...

Wow I'm watching a movie called 'Absentia' and despite it being quite obviously medium to low budget, it is incredibly scary, especially watching it at night.
The style of filming makes it all the more frightening, because you don't feel detached, but experiencing it from a fly on the wall point of view.

Can't speak for the whole thing though I'm only halfway through.

Sorry for Double post but I just finished Absentia.

Oh my god it was BRILLIANT.

It was genuinely the scariest thing I have seen in a LONG while.
It is pure and true, and almost perfectly done psychological horror. Oh my god this was amazing. I haven't had a film make me close my eyes and block my ears in fear for over a year.

Although it;s a low budget film, the director and crew clearly found imaginative and ingenious ways around the financial strains.

Another thing: this movie really proves that normal people who look normal can be actors, and damn good ones at that. It also shows how indoctrinated and conditioned we are to people in films looking above natural and 'fixed', I couldn't not notice the lack of heavy makeup and careful choosing of only the most attractive people, but despite it, it was genuinely one of my favourite horror flicks of all time/

The worst thing is, the way this was filmed not only draws you into the story but because of the location and the normality of the atmosphere, it really feels like something that could happen ;_; Now I can't do any of the following: open shower curtains, go through tunnels, go upstairs when the downstairs is dark, or meditate. <--- totally not spoilers.

um, the inauguration of George W. Bush as president of the United States.

wait, that wasn't a movie. sorry.