Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the worst scent you've ever smelled?
My sister just cooked something that smells like in my worst nightmares, so I decided to ask you: What's the worst scent you've ever smelled?
For me it's the smell I'm gonna try and describe. I suppose you all know what a wet stray dog smells like? And I'm talking about a stray dog that has been in the streets its whole life. Well, think of 100 wet stray dogs stuck in a 4x4 meters room with you right in the middle of that. The smell is so bad that even the two flies that came god knows from where ran away...
In case you wonder what is it that she cooked - it was wieners - supposedly made in Germany.
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.

Decomposed humans aren't fun to have to inhale.

Several years ago, I had a neighbor who had asked me to help him install a carpet in his house... I had never been inside his house before, so I was very surprised when I walked in and was hit by the worst smell I had ever experienced. Cat Urine,,,, several years of cat urine!!!!...

What the old fella had been doing over the years,, was adding carpet on top of existing carpet that cats had urinated on.

I don't know why he wanted to keep his old carpets, and I wanted to get out of there in a hurry, so I didn't make any suggestions about removing the old carpets before installing the new carpet. Just threw the new carpet on top of the others and quickly beat feet for outside where the air was breathable.

It was so bad that I had to remove my clothes & wash them,, then take a shower to get the smell off me.

Sniffing,
Jimeroooo
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Several years ago, I had a neighbor who had asked me to help him install a carpet in his house... I had never been inside his house before, so I was very surprised when I walked in and was hit by the worst smell I had ever experienced. Cat Urine,,,, several years of cat urine!!!!...

What the old fella had been doing over the years,, was adding carpet on top of existing carpet that cats had urinated on.

I don't know why he wanted to keep his old carpets, and I wanted to get out of there in a hurry, so I didn't make any suggestions about removing the old carpets before installing the new carpet. Just threw the new carpet on top of the others and quickly beat feet for outside where the air was breathable.

It was so bad that I had to remove my clothes & wash them,, then take a shower to get the smell off me.

Sniffing,
Jimeroooo

speaking of cat urine, cat shit smells bad enough
you might also want to try sniffing this: (NH4)2S

Burnt plastic

Dead skunk tossed on the burn pile out back

Just...don't do it. For the love of GOD don't ever burn a dead skunk cause they DO come back to haunt you.

Ohoh, I thought of a better one(worse one?) Rancid ground beef left (accidentally) in the trunk of a car. The package didn't rip and the meat was only forgotten for a day or two but holy SHIT that was rank.

By the way, if this ever happens to you? Lemons...whole lemons sliced and left to dry out in the car finally did the trick after many many MANY fails.

Burnt hair. Love that one.

Raw Sewage....

I have to drive by a raw sewage plant every time I go to Hollister and even with the windows rolled up the smell comes through the car and I belch...

During my chemotherapy treatment, the scent of sour milk. I puked and puked and puked after smelling a carton of milk to see if it was okay (and discovering it definitely was not).