Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your dream car?
southbiochem Wrote:Is that Elle Driver's car?....

k changed my mind...I don't know what I was thinking with the "Kustnetsov"

I want the Nimitz..

[Image: 800px-USS_Nimitz_%28CVN-68%29.jpg]

No SB, that car is from Smokey and the Bandit....its what Burt Reynolds drove in the movie.

Back to seamen again are we???? Dang, you is a fickle biatch!!!RoflRofl

ugh don't even get me started, to day I went close to one of our Navy fleets and saw the most HAAAAAAWT sea men...

and I'm pretty sure Elle was driving it in Kill Bill...I suposse that and the music they played while she was driving are something Tarantino did to reference Smokey and the Bandit

[Image: i007903.jpg]

southbiochem Wrote:and I'm pretty sure Elle was driving it in Kill Bill...I suposse that and the music they played while she was driving are something Tarantino did to reference Smokey and the Bandit

[Image: i007903.jpg]

That was the point of Kill Bill. It was just a movie made entirely out of references to other popular movies. It's also the reason that I particularly hated Kill Bill.

Smokey and the Bandit was awesome though! I love that car, and I almost bought one of the same year once.

The perfect car for those "green-eco" people out there....

[Image: fred_flintstone_car.jpg]

78 Corvette Stingray
[Image: 1978_Corvette_Stingray.jpg]

Aston Martin Vanquish
[Image: epcp-1304-01-o%2B2014-aston-martin-vanqu...t-view.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Oops. I totally read the title of this as "Dream Cats."

But a car, hmm… I really don't know much in the subject matter. But I like Cadillacs. The Escalade is nice and not too showy. And it has plenty sass for one to appreciate. Wink

MisterTinkles Wrote:Here are some cars I like, that are not super cars.........

Range Rover Evoque
[Image: 2014-Range-Rover-Evoque-Sport-14-1024X768-Wallpaper.jpg]

That's my car hahahaha I got it in silver with the black roof. It was a nightmare to get it armoured!

VileKyle Wrote:I would have brought you along with my old off-roading group. Sadly, I don't live near those guys anymore and I no longer have my Jeep. Maybe I'll get something cool like that again someday.

Thanks Kyle, having had a Jeep, you will understand my passion.

Go look at my profile pics, there is a bit more about my Landy's equipment & upgrade there

I can comfortably live, off grid, out of that rig, for as long as I can keep food in the 50L compressor driven freezer and water in the 60L water tank on the roof.

Constant power is from a 200A solar panel and 2 x 88A high capacity battries, and a third 110A deep-cycle battery as reserve.

Getting off grid (and out of the dwang) is a cinch, not only perminent 4x4, I have a locker on the rear diff, and 2 extra fuel tanks.

2 toilet options, 1 cat hole / trench and the other chemical and a solar heated shower take care of ablutions.

Lastly, primary energy supply is guaranteed through no less than 3 medium sized propane cylinders, reserve supply is 6 hiking size cylinders and the niftiest hiking cooker around.

Of course, there is always fire as a deep reserve, and I know how to build a double hole fire pit and a double log slow burning fire.

The trailer-tent, which is a, very rugged flat-bed trailer, on-top of which I built a 400mm high full length & width length storage box on top of which is a 1.4 x 2.6 rooftop tent, heavy duty military spec ripstop canvass, under a uv protected (15 year) fly sheet.

The storage box houses my river rapid inflatable boat and gear, a large assortment of course water fishing equipment, an electric trawling motor and hiking gear.

Domestic gear is inside the roof-top tent, packed down the one side in ammo-boxes.

When camp is set, an awning extends over the top of the tent, creating a third layer of canvass which extends 1.5m off the side.

The parking configuration shown is my road-side " urgently need to have a road-side poop", which is on the inside V using the chemical loo option inside a instant pop-up toilet shelter.

I know you guys have a HUGE teardrop community, and that was basically mi insperation, but, 2 problems have always thawarted my previous trailers, caravans ant tents.

1) I go solo, so if I get tired while driving, I need to sleep. If I have to put up a roof top tent, I'm no longer sleepy, but am still tired.

2) A caravan / teardrop configuration does not give me the packing space for all my other gear out of the way, until needed.

I cooked up the trailer early one morning after the 01:00 widdle-waddle and 2 weeks later I had completed the build.

I am quite proud of it, it isn't pretty, but it caters for everything I need, and will be posting pics on the American forum tiny trailers and teardrops where I'm also active

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very cool trialbyerror! Looks like you put a lot of work into it!