Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I do?
I only want to discuss one thing, because to discuss anything else is treating too lightly and takes away from the importance of the one thing that must be addressed here, the fact that he hit you. That is not acceptable and you need to demand that he receives some sort of therapy and anger management if you are going to continue in this relationship. If he hit you over the stupidity of this argument, there is no doubt it will happen again. What is going to happen when you two have actually deal with a serious issue?

Personally, I would never be with someone who hit me ever again, no second chances, no apology accepted. Hit me, and you're done.

Well others already gave you good advice, welcome to GS. And good luck Smile

So we talked and apologized to each other. He admitted that he was a bit hurt and took things too far. He thought that it wouldn't really hurt me as much as it did in the long run. He has promised he will never hit me again. We're good now.

Gideon Wrote:Hopefully we are wrong and he is an exception and it won't be something that escalates.

I hope so.

[QUOTE=CellarDweller;46480
In regards to the slap, the first time a boyfriend hit me, would be the LAST time a boyfriend hit me. If you're willing to take him back after that, you best be sure he understands that if he puts a hand on you again, he's out the door.[/QUOTE]

You're right. I made it clear that it's unacceptable for me.

Iceblink Wrote:If he hit you over the stupidity of this argument, there is no doubt it will happen again. What is going to happen when you two have actually deal with a serious issue?

We have actually dealt with serious issues and he has never put a hand on me.

Camfer Wrote:Personally, I would never be with someone who hit me ever again, no second chances, no apology accepted. Hit me, and you're done.

Well I'm that kind of guy who gives second chances.

theBreeze Wrote:Well I'm that kind of guy who gives second chances.

I think it was more than just a slap, at its root it suggested more underlying issues that either needed talking through or needed even professional help. It sounds like you have talked through your issues. Good job!

theBreeze Wrote:Well I'm that kind of guy who gives second chances.

Okay, just don't be the kind of guy that gives third chances.