Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I do ? Advice needed
I've been talking to this guy on instagram and other apps for a few days, but it's always me who initiates the convo.. As much as I am interested, idk if I should be the one who's always chasing in the fear that he might lose interest or get bored and I also don't wanna go for long without talking in the same fear as well. I know he's interested in me cuz he asked me to meet up last time we talked but I can't right now because I have finals.. I told him after.

Anyway, it's been two days we haven't spoken, and I don't know if I should message him or not since I'm always the first to message. I do want to have that balance where I start talking and then he does and so on... It shouldn't come from one side, right?

Let me know what you think please, thank you!

I'm pretty blunt so my resolution would probably be around the "Hey, I'm interested in you, but I noticed I'm always the one to message first. Does that mean you're not interested? If so, just let me know."

If he said he IS interested, but the behavior continues, I'd then deal with it by saying something like "I noticed I'm still the one that always messages first. Is there a reason? I feel like I need a little give-and-take."

It's possible he feels he doesn't need to initiate chat since he was the one that first suggested meeting up?
Maybe he just doesn't want to appear too pushy perhaps?

I'd leave it a day or two and see if he messages; if not, I'd drop him a message just to see how his day is going or something like that; small talk just to make contact and keep the conversation going. It's still early days and you have got a lot on your plate right now so maybe he just wants to give you some space.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>