Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the French think... gay marriage.
For those a you who read French or understand a bit, here's a link to an article in l'Express which tallies 63% (more than 6 people out of 10) who are now in favour of gay marriage... About time!
http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/societe...71370.html

WOOO HOOO!! I unfortunately cannot read/speak French lol.

Rough Translation:

"Six in ten French (63%) are in favor of gay marriage BVA poll to be published tomorrow by Le Parisien / Today in France.
This survey is published while the daily Libération Friday suggested a change in the position of head of state on this issue remains extremely sensitive to the right. The government has sought to recall the day that Nicolas Sarkozy was opposed to the opening of marriage to homosexuals.
According to the survey, the French have become largely positive that homosexuals can not only get married (63%, 48% in 2000), but also adopt (56%, 28% in 1998)
Supporters of right remain very divided on this issue because 51% of them are in favor of that homosexuals can marry and 44% support that they can adopt."

sneakyc25 Wrote:Rough Translation:

"Six in ten French (63%) are in favor of gay marriage BVA poll to be published tomorrow by Le Parisien / Today in France.
This survey is published while the daily Libération Friday suggested a change in the position of head of state on this issue remains extremely sensitive to the right. The government has sought to recall the day that Nicolas Sarkozy was opposed to the opening of marriage to homosexuals.
According to the survey, the French have become largely positive that homosexuals can not only get married (63%, 48% in 2000), but also adopt (56%, 28% in 1998)
Supporters of right remain very divided on this issue because 51% of them are in favor of that homosexuals can marry and 44% support that they can adopt."

For this to be correctly construed, it's right-wing supporters (ie Sarkozy's party and any other right wing parties), not supporters of what's right, or of rights, that would be a totally different matter, in the country of human rights... Let me laugh. Invasion

PS, Sneaky, thanks for bothering to support the translation...

So I take it that gay marriage doesn't happen in France still?

63% is pretty darn high, I would call that a majority, so should we expect French Gay Marriage to be voted upon/passed in nearish future if it does not exist already?

I have no idea what the political climate in France is on the issue. I assume you do not have Christian fundamentalists pushing the politics there.

i think people have realised that attacking gay and lesbian couples is lower priority now the world economy is crumbling and they are more worried about themselves then persecuting us ( i honestly believe this in a way ) the church is another matter though still , if u hide priest peodophiles then blocking gay marriage is just a fun pastime for them..

nearly forgot - great figures for france and and i think they will only get better over the next coming decade

I'm glad i know enough about French to almost be able to read the article.:tongue:
Well ok, perhaps not almost.:redface:

Thanks for sharing though.:biggrin:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Perhaps the French are waking up to the fact that an old enemy might be exceeding them in Liberty, Equality and Fraternity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Perhaps the French are waking up to the fact that an old enemy might be exceeding them in Liberty, Equality and Fraternity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be, but aren't Britain's laws concerning freedom of expression less draconian than those of the French too? It seems like France has more limitations on speech which they seem to think is progressive.

Hello,
It is about time france did what its neighbour is doing from across the water and legalise gay marriages... To be honest it never has and never should of been a crime to be gay.. I beleive in this century no matter where you come from or what religion you may follow or culture up bringing a person is a person regardless of their sexuality preferance. I am glad that here in the UK people have recognised and understand that it isnt a choice but a way of life. Its something we are born with and have to live with and no matter how hard US as indivuduals try to change who we are for the supposed greater good we cannot as nature wont allow us to...

So in france if 63% acknowledge gay issues that is a definate good sign however the quicker this is bought in the quicker the figure will rise to 100%

KJindest regards

zeon xx