Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do?! What to do?!
My best friend has move out of home droped out of school and is living with her scum boyfriend. Shes doing things like getting drunk all the time she makes no effort to realy contact me. I'v tryed and failed. She dosen't every listen to me. i offerd for her to stay at mine even thoe she thinks its a good idear, she turns me down. Every one knows her boyfriend is scum, I can see hes scum he has to steal food for himself (the only way I see how he can keep himself alive.) she wants to see me this Saterday and i don't know if I realy want to. I love her so much but I realy don't wana go, even if i do go her boyfriend will be there and I won't be able to be around the for long with out wanting to stab him (which I'd never do just think about ALOT). I just wan't to get her away from him and also I can't be fucked with trying anymore!

Your friend obviously likes this guy and it is you who has formed an opinion of him as scum (a harsh term for anyone). are you sure it not just jelousy on your part because your friend is spending time with her partner and not you? people move on in life especially just after leaving school (17/18 y/o) we all move in different directions and the people we once spent all our school life with become less of a focus in our lives and we form friendships with new work colleague's and people we meet in adult social situations like bars and clubs.
dont panic if you think you are loosing friends, people will move in and out of your life as your situation changes. certainly don't try to split your friend and her partner up no matter what your oppinion is of him, it is her choice not yours.

I'd second everything fudger just wrote. By all means see her, but if you are really her friend you will respect her right to make her own decisions whether you agree with them or not. That's what support is about.

Good luck and I hope it isn't too painful for you.

We all live our own life and we sure can't live anybody elses especially for our family and or friends. All we can do is be their for them as a soft and safe place to land.
Xyxwave

ok her boy friend is a tryhard skin head yelling hail hitler in the streets I'm going to see her tomoro her boy friend wants to talk to me I don't realy wana talk to him. And its not jelousy it that I'm a worry nut over her because we have been best friends for ages and she only 15 and because of her boy friend she is no longer at school

If she's only 15, where are her parents in all of this?

Whether he's a skinhead fascist or a high-class hairdresser, the same thing applies. It's her choice. I can only join you in hoping that she comes to her senses sooner rather than later. Make sure you are there when she needs you, as she undoubtedly will after this kind of behaviour has driven everyone else away.

Good luck.

One of the things human beings have failed to realize over and over again is that trying to control other people behaviours is next to useless as much as having people trying to control your behaviour.
You can only share your view with her the rest is entirely her choice or her parent choice is she is a minor.
I know you care about her but, frankly, you can only share your views and you cannot physically force her to do something she does not want to do as the more you try the more she will fight back.
Learn to let go. This is not your battle.