Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do with Rum?
I have recently acquired a few bottles of well aged rum, and since I am loath to come off as an alcoholic (even though I do drink alone - mostly late at night with the curtains closed) and drink it straight from the bottle like I typically would.... I turn to you fine upstanding gentlemen and ladies to ask you what to do with rum?

Other than mixing a shot of cola to a glass of rum, any other suggestions for this beverage?

Rum Cake

Pina Colada

Lime Daiquiri

Rum Balls (the candy, you perv)

Hot Buttered Rum

Buttery Nipples (the drink, you perv)

Rum Apple Pie

Rum Fried Chicken

Rum Coffee/Latte

Brown or clear rum?

Miles Wrote:Brown or clear rum?

Notice he is hoarding Rum.........not inviting us over to get drunk with him!!!
How rude....

Ooo good question Miles.

I actually have dark, medium and light - none that are totally clear as water clear, but two bottles of very lightly tinted.... Three bottles of modestly tinted and one bottle that appears to be pretty darn dark...

MisterTinkles Wrote:Rum Cake

Pina Colada

Lime Daiquiri

Rum Balls (the candy, you perv)

Hot Buttered Rum

Buttery Nipples (the drink, you perv)

Rum Apple Pie

Rum Fried Chicken

Rum Coffee/Latte

I can bake with this shit? I mean rum? Whoa.... Food is the last thing on my mind, ever....

MisterTinkles Wrote:Notice he is hoarding Rum.........not inviting us over to get drunk with him!!!
How rude....

Seriously you would drive thousands of miles to have a drink with me - What a sweet thought....

Sure anyone wants to show up here I got extra glasses....Xyxthumbs

Well aged implies brown to me?

I used to drink it with my coffee sometimes. But that's not my prefferred way to drink either.

It can be a wonderful addition to baked goods. Not just cakes but brownies.

Frozen daquiry's are a great treat in the summertime. There's an endless number of variations on the theme.

You can use most liquors to make your own vanilla extract, and I think rum works substantially better than the more common gin or vodka bases for it. Now homemade vanilla rum in coffee, that's definitely good. Way better than just a shot of rum in your coffee.

Of course, if this is actually good quality stuff than you might just want to sip some of it right out of a glass, over ice or slightly watered.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Seriously you would drive thousands of miles to have a drink with me - What a sweet thought....

Sure anyone wants to show up here I got extra glasses....Xyxthumbs

Well, my twitcher must be on the fritz.........I'm still here.
[Image: 200.gif]

if I have good quality rum I just drink it on ice.