Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What turns us on, as the double millenium moves on...
de gustibus non disputandum
I bid NO Trump!

TigerLover Wrote:I will never understand the south east asian love of "emo-boys" fashion. A male fashion trend that actively seeks to supress masculinity.... I don't get it.

Also worth noting that the word "Briton" is derived from the celtic for "tattooed people." Looks like we're going back to our roots.

It may be that Asian men often have smaller framed bodies. Have you ever tried to wear Korean clothing? I'm a slim guy myself (by American standards) and I have to buy extra-large in their clothes. I guess they figure if you don't have a masculine body structure you might as well embrace what you do have.

Men in makeup posing under bright white wobbly lights and awkward video loops is not my idea of beauty.

Attraction to the "model" male image in my opinion could be classed as lusting and in life people would usually have the love of the average as that seems more secure. Maybe im talking crap though lol

all, saying is that I've seen much more atractive guys than them.

Camfer Wrote:Men in makeup posing under bright white wobbly lights and awkward video loops is not my idea of beauty.

Northlad Wrote:Attraction to the "model" male image in my opinion could be classed as lusting and in life people would usually have the love of the average as that seems more secure. Maybe im talking crap though lol

Completely agree.

TigerLover Wrote:I will never understand the south east asian love of "emo-boys" fashion. A male fashion trend that actively seeks to supress masculinity.... I don't get it.

On my years of watching "Saint Seiya", I came across many male characters who were very androginous and borderline female-like and they were always deemed "pure and most beautiful". It seems, that in manga at least, the Japanese ideal of beauty is female...as in only females are beautiful and men can never be beautiful, so in order to make a guy beautiful, you had to give it female traits. "Bishonen" it was called, I think.

I dunno if it's a general thing in Japan, if it is anymore these days, or if it extends to its South Korean neighbour or other Far East Asians, but maybe it has something to do with this.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

that is not attractive at all.

and they're wrong. men who opt for cosmetic surgeries, steroids, make-up, and other such resolves are not attractive. the results don't look good, and the behavior is female-typical. last thing i want is a man who looks unnatural and behaves like a female. going for a plastic surgery or a tube of makeup is not being a man.

i don't know what's driving these local trends and who the fuck finds these things attractive, but they're out of their mind.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

princealbertofb Wrote:Yes, I should feel thwarted by the fact that they didn't even try to place French male favourites, but I'm guessing we'd be a cross between British and Italian, veering towards the Spanish... haha.

all i saw was negative images there, not positive ones. they didn't include the French because the French are too refined and exemplary in their taste to be included in that shit list. they don't have their standards fucked up like that.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I am a big, bear type guy and love little, girly, flamboyant, and/or nerdy sorts of guys who can fit on my lap so there is someone for everyone. The results were obvious, since clearly models and divas make their living off their charm and physical appeal.

Insertnamehere Wrote:On my years of watching "Saint Seiya", I came across many male characters who were very androginous and borderline female-like and they were always deemed "pure and most beautiful". It seems, that in manga at least, the Japanese ideal of beauty is female...as in only females are beautiful and men can never be beautiful, so in order to make a guy beautiful, you had to give it female traits. "Bishonen" it was called, I think.

I dunno if it's a general thing in Japan, if it is anymore these days, or if it extends to its South Korean neighbour or other Far East Asians, but maybe it has something to do with this.

[COLOR="Navy"]I have a buddy who fell in love with a Japanese girl who was an exchange student in the US and moved there to be with her. Based on what I can garner from him and the Facebook, the girly guy, bishounen, and the more recent - trap (the male who dresses and presents as an overt female) is something geared towards straight Japanese women. A few of his wife's friends love and post the stuff.

I grew up liking anime/manga and can definitely understand the appeal of the quintessential "Kawaii" art style like you see in Sailor Moon and the like. Body of a super model and the head of an infant (big eyes, small nose and mouth, all around cute features). I know, when broken down it sounds terrible. It is like the reverse of Communism - on paper it sounds horrific, but in practice it works.[/COLOR]