• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What turns you off?
i bet there could be a lot immediately said bad for some one
clinically fat
or
good looking
or
financially well off.

All this well understood and just noise, the real serial killers are always joe average.

Spellbound Wrote:I do have a thing about fat people. Hence the OP.

But it's not just about that. Being obese is a bad choice - and it is a choice in most cases - when it comes to health. You get all kinds of conditions including diabetes, and everyone else ends up paying for the treatment, at least in UK. The cost to the NHS is somewhere between 5 and 10 billion quid a year, which is serious money.

so by that way of thinking being gay is a choice, right? If we're just going to look at the outcome vs what motivates you to be that way. You could just go have sex with women and be straight, correct?

ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE FOLKS WE JUST CURED OBESITY AND HOMOSEXUALITY!

/sarcasm

Do you really think that the majority of overweight people WANT to be overweight? really? Do you think they woke up one day and said, "hey I think Im going to gain 300 lbs just so that I can be ridiculed by society and not fit into my clothes and with my friends and be shunned by society and probably die really early in life of a heart attack!" Do you really think people consciously want to make that choice? Like I said it runs much MUCH deeper than it just being a simple "choice."

Look, nobody's hating on fat people. I respect them, don't judge them for their habits and could potentially date them if I liked their personality. I'm just not that sexually attracted to them. People can't choose what turns them on (and to be honest I find the gay person - obese person comparison to be pretty flawed). Some people are turned off by freckles, blondes, a certain race or characteristic: it's NOT discrimination and it's NOT hate.

Being obease is not healthy.....but this Fucking society sure doesn't help. Look thin and like this model ya piece of shit.......or you're outcast. I have no sympathy for society on this issue. and then what happens.....we put em on TV point and laugh.

Mick

KawaiiKitty Wrote:so by that way of thinking being gay is a choice, right? If we're just going to look at the outcome vs what motivates you to be that way. You could just go have sex with women and be straight, correct?

ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE FOLKS WE JUST CURED OBESITY AND HOMOSEXUALITY!

/sarcasm

Do you really think that the majority of overweight people WANT to be overweight? really? Do you think they woke up one day and said, "hey I think Im going to gain 300 lbs just so that I can be ridiculed by society and not fit into my clothes and with my friends and be shunned by society and probably die really early in life of a heart attack!" Do you really think people consciously want to make that choice? Like I said it runs much MUCH deeper than it just being a simple "choice."

Dude, he was just saying that it was a turn off for him, and yes, most of overweight people are overweight because they just don't want to change the way they are living, stop getting offended by everything, I don't understand why you start getting all agressive as if he was harassing you directly, yes, they may not feel atracted to overweight people but there are people who honestly don't give a shit, and it is a choise, you decide wether you start eating healthier or just don't give a shit and start all drama queen being the victim, believe me I know.

SolemnBoy Wrote:Look, nobody's hating on fat people. I respect them, don't judge them for their habits and could potentially date them if I liked their personality. I'm just not that sexually attracted to them. People can't choose what turns them on (and to be honest I find the gay person - obese person comparison to be pretty flawed). Some people are turned off by freckles, blondes, a certain race or characteristic: it's NOT discrimination and it's NOT hate.

my post(s) really arent directed at you or your posts...more to the OP since he is the one that seems to have a problem with obese people.

I just noted that it was a common theme among most of the posts. Its that mentality of fat people being undesirable though that is hurting people all over the world. You hear about kids getting bullied for being gay or black or latino or whatever but you dont hear about the fat kid getting picked on for being overweight. I guess a few fat kids will have to off themselves before its taken seriously...

KawaiiKitty Wrote:my post(s) really arent directed at you or your posts...more to the OP since he is the one that seems to have a problem with obese people.

I just noted that it was a common theme among most of the posts. Its that mentality of fat people being undesirable though that is hurting people all over the world. You hear about kids getting bullied for being gay or black or latino or whatever but you dont hear about the fat kid getting picked on for being overweight. I guess a few fat kids will have to off themselves before its taken seriously...

it's not just fat people.
i've had a lot of experience of people hating thin people , too . like , complete strangers would come up to me in bars / etc and tell me that i needed to gain weight because i looked disgusting.

but anyway . i'm not attracted to fat people either . that doesn't make me a bad person .
i'm also not attracted to people who are thinner than me . before i started my eating disorder recovery , the only people thinner than me were either children or were very very very ill.

I just understand how a community that is supposed to be so inclusive of everyone can so readily and flippantly condone the discrimination of another community just because of some physical appearance that said other community doesnt have much control over.

I think it's a fallacy to compare being obese with being gay and saying that neither is a choice. Being gay is something that you can't change, whereas if you stop cramming your mouth with 5000 calories of junk food a day it will help you to get back to a normal weight.

My point stands; why should I pay taxes to fix your self-induced problem? Go pay for it yourself.

Did you ever sit next to an obese person in economy class, and have it overflow? Some airlines are making them buy 2 seat now, if they can't fit into one, and quite correct too.

I guess some people on here are of the opinion that they can't control their behaviour; well, they'd better learn to do so.

KawaiiKitty Wrote:The OP kind of made it a point of "Yuck!" Plus its very prevalent in the gay community as a whole that "thin is in" Its about as bad as the world of super modeling to be super thin unless you are part of the subsect of like bears/bear chasers or super chub chasers or something. But like I said those are a subsect.

I just think its alittle insensitive to include obese people on a list such as this when in most cases its not something that they can readily control. Its not just a matter of simply telling them to eat vegetables and exercise more. Thats the equivalent of me telling you to go date a man to help you stop being a lesbian. Its just not that simple.

It's also an indicator that they just don't take care of their bodies. Obesity is just taking things too far. I'm not really in shape, but there's a big difference between that and obesity. It's not a lifestyle that people can't help like sexual preference. It's an unhealthy choice, similar to bad hygiene. In fact, you might as well be ranting about protecting those with bad hygiene. It's just as bad. I know it's hard to control, but so are many addictions. That won't make me go out and date a drug addict just because they can't stop themselves.