Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What word do you use to design homosexuals.gays etc. ?
Mostly "homosexual people" or "gay people"; whichever seems more appropriate for the discussion and audience.

Sometimes just "homosexuals".
I avoid saying "gays" intentionally, and NEVER "the gays".

Sometimes "Teh gayz" if I'm being a snarky bitch to offensive morons.

I have no issue with queer, though would never use it considering it's offensive to some, and has other connotations to others.

Faggot(by extension, fag) is a nasty word I stay well away from, and will call people out for using it.
Same for poofta, pooftah, poofter, poof ETC.

I just prefer gay. Queer and homosexual I don't mind.
I usually avoid homosexual because it sort of implies "sexual" over any love I might have for a man. I wouldn't mind being called it, but I'd really prefer someone who is acquainted with me to use gay over homosexual. I've read a few anti-gay articles and listened to anti-gay speeches/sermons, and I don't really get why the homophobe just can't say "gay." I mean, it's easier to say. Those people can be called phobic, btw, they do fear us, and if you go to rapture ready .com you'll find an articled called "the fearful world" where they list homosexuality next to famine and nuclear crisis.
I haven't really like the word queer, until just recently when I realized it rhymed with engineer, which I'm studying.
The problem I mostly have with labels is the stereotypes around them. Before I dismissed the word queer because it seemed, seemed, to only be claimed by effeminate and androgynous lgbt, but then again, I'm not exactly a macho man myself and I kinda like saying "I'm an engineer before I'm a queer." The word gay also has the stereotypes to it, so I can't really take up any grievance with the word queer.
The South Park episode on the word fag I mean, as of right now it is already the top definition on urbandictionary.com. I um, don't know how that'll work out.
Mostly, I just prefer gay because it is the word I used to myself when I came out to myself, and realized I was gay.

Gay. It describes me. I'm happy and it's who I am

I prefer MISTER Tinkles, or my given name. Or even my old nick-name, Garfield.

As far as other people are concerned, I call them what they are, regardless of race, sex, or "persuasion".

Im not afraid to use words. Although I am respectful of situations and peoples feelings.
But if you're going to be an asshole, you get called an asshole. If you're going to act like a princess, then you get called a princess. And on the upbeat side, if someone is giving and respectful, and has intelligence and knows how to use it, then they get called "Sir" or "Ma'am". That doesnt happen too often anymore.

Who you are married too, date, or have sex with has nothing to do with it.
Unless you're being a flaming faggot. Well, then you are what you are.

There's an old saying here in "The South" in the USA......

[COLOR="Purple"]
"You can call me anything you want.....just dont call me late for dinner"!!!![/COLOR]

MisterTinkles Wrote:I prefer MISTER Tinkles, or my given name. Or even my old nick-name, Garfield.

As far as other people are concerned, I call them what they are, regardless of race, sex, or "persuasion".

Im not afraid to use words. Although I am respectful of situations and peoples feelings.
But if you're going to be an asshole, you get called an asshole. If you're going to act like a princess, then you get called a princess. And on the upbeat side, if someone is giving and respectful, and has intelligence and knows how to use it, then they get called "Sir" or "Ma'am". That doesnt happen too often anymore.

Who you are married too, date, or have sex with has nothing to do with it.
Unless you're being a flaming faggot. Well, then you are what you are.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand your answer. There's a difference between talking about homosexuals and being called faggot or gay, no? Wink

Gay. Unless they do something I don't like, then its faggot/fag.

The words we use are 'just words' - it really depends on how we use them, what force of emotion we throw behind it.

No matter what word we adopt, eventually its going to be turned into a negative. Some how, somewhere it will take on dirty, dark meanings and be used as a profanity, not as just a casual label.

Even the technical term 'homosexual' can be said in such a way where it is full of venom and hatred.

The problem is not the words we use, its how those words are used.

There are lots of times I call a person a "human" - few seem to understand that on those occasions I am using the word 'human' as the worst possible condemnation of a group/species ever.

I don't fear using a word or a label simple because at the end of the day we are all human and we all are part of the same human family even thought some people don't act like it.

I prefer the term "superior."

I prefer to call gay guys "guys", and lesbian women "women".

Call me crazy...