Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do?
MisterTinkles Wrote:Ok, I havent posted a research question in a while, so here's one:

Lets say you are on one of these "chat sites", like Gayspeak.
Lets say there is someone on there who you find compelling enough to want to talk too.

A. What would you do to initiate them to converse with you?

B. What if they ignored or turned down your offer to be chat buddies or online friends?

C. What if they were possibly too shy to respond to you ?

D. What if they accepted your offer for chat buddy or online friend, what would be your next move?

E. What if you ened up liking them more than just friends, would you risk scaring them off by saying something, or would you just give it a "go"?

Please be detailed in your responses, it helps me understand better if I get details in how people think.

Thanks !!

A. Normally I'd give a casual "Hi" or "How are you?"

B. I move on.

C. I couldn''t help but think the opposite - not shy, but instead thinking something else. (Self esteem issue I used to have before I got over it and then stopped online dating).

D. If they were local, I'd see if they wanted to meet up and hang out for awhile. (Like a date, but not like a date). If they were distances away, I'd ask if they wanted to exchange numbers.

E. I'm an Aries. I almost ALWAYS start the flirting at this point. Head-first, with little thinking ahead (which if I actually do think first, it then becomes over-thinking.)

MisterTinkles Wrote:Ok, I havent posted a research question in a while, so here's one:

Lets say there is someone on there who you find compelling enough to want to talk too.

While in the chat room try and direct your conversation towards them if they do the same back thats good.

B. What if they ignored or turned down your offer to be chat buddies or online friends?

Well then that person is a dud I would move on Lots of fish in the chatbox sea...

How do you know their shy? and if they are try and ask nice general easy to answers.

D. What if they accepted your offer for chat buddy or online friend, what would be your next move?

I would just keep the conversation going but in a private chat and if I'm gauging that they are shy from above keep the conversation PG unless they make that move.

E. What if you ened up liking them more than just friends, would you risk scaring them off by saying something, or would you just give it a "go"?

If this is still in the chat what would you have to loose. As long as you give urself a few days to figure out if this is a person you like more than a friend I would ask just prepare urself for a no if it happens.

Please be detailed in your responses, it helps me understand better if I get details in how people think.

Thanks !!

Also just abit of a warning If they are only offering short replies and are not contributing any kind of work into the conversation this person is not worth your time because I have experienced this and met them in person and it only gets worse in person!

Nothing if I only knew them because they were on a chat site.

So what because I don't need random friends anyway.

That's their problem and I wouldn't try to make them talk to me.

I wouldn't ask them to be my online friend if I didn't know them offline too.

That wouldn't happen unless I knew them offline too and at least talked to them on the phone so it wouldn't happen.

They would have to be the one to initiate

Since I'm overly shy myself...

I guess we'd 'chat' .. he'd have to make any next move tho

I'd be willing to meet in real life (as "friends only" ofcourse) say for lunch or something..but he'd pretty much have to initiate it

Uhm...send them a message

I'd assume that they are bad mannered and couldn't give a fly fuck Smile

They should turn away from the keyboard so that is isn't watching them, or grow a vagina (Apparently they are tougher than balls...Betty White say's they can take a pounding)

Uhm...send another message

If we lived in the same proximity I would take the friendship offline and just let life do it's thing.