Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do?
If you were told that an end of the world event was coming in a few days??

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/0...n-history/

ObW
X

Same as I do any old day because it's another case of the boy that cried wolf and it's not happening. Y2K, 2013, asteroid, planet x, Yellowstone is going to blow up and that's in the last 13 years. What's next genetically modified grain is going poison us all, the wold will get too hot to live on because we drive cars and use paper? Pick something it's all hype and not true.

Depends. If a reputable source like NASA said a HUGE asteroid was going to collide and perhaps cause our extinction then I'd learn more. If it truly appeared hopeless then I'd pretty much keep going like normal (while going along with what others close to me wanted to do), and possibly visiting with people far away, with the mind that others may be doing some of the things they always wanted without the threat of prison overhanging them. In any case I'd place some kind of large bet on survival with a bookie because what the hell, if I don't survive I don't have to pay it.

Perhaps I can deal with the thought because I don't take it for granted that I'm going to grow old and realize we can all die at any time.

Kat Wrote:Same as I do any old day because it's another case of the boy that cried wolf and it's not happening. Y2K, 2013, asteroid, planet x, Yellowstone is going to blow up and that's in the last 13 years. What's next genetically modified grain is going poison us all, the wold will get too hot to live on because we drive cars and use paper? Pick something it's all hype and not true.

But If we were talking NASA and not some batshit fear mongering Christians. and other superstitious idiots.....I might take notice.....and just wait for the end. What else COULD you do in that instance?

If there was absolute proof it was going to happen I think I'd want to go find a boyfriend to spend the final night together with Smile
but in reality I'd have no real idea how/where to do that ... I'd likely end up spending that final night at home alone camera in hand (just incase I was unfortunate enough to survive)

I would go to the estimated impact site and wait and watch.

In a case like this I know I don't want to try to survive the initial impact... that world will be hell, a slow, miserable death.

I had my astrological charts done and was told that I would survive a nuclear holocaust. I asked if that was a good thing - they really didnt answer Shakin

I guess if someone has to do it I will accept responsibility - party at my house and all optimist invited Elefant