Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would your dream job be?
Lilitu Wrote:All I want to do is emigrate to a picturesque Nordic nation with a snowy climate and open a Hong Kong-style bakery.

What's a Hong Kong Style Bakery?

My dream job would be working for the FBI in the Cyber Crimes department. I love Computer Networking and Security and have a genuine interest in stopping hackers and low life scum that prey on innocent people.

stu Wrote:What's a Hong Kong Style Bakery?

Well if you've ever been to Hong Kong, you would know that they have a very specific style of baking that's distinctly Hong Kong, drawing alot of influence from Chinese/East Asian baking and from British Colonial culture.

They always have everything packed into neat little plastic bags, and breads are always a very soft brioche-like texture, except not as rich like Brioche.

Everything is usually very small, and cakes are always highly decorated, with lots of intricate patterns and oftentimes in the design of characters from cartoons etc.

Almost Nothing is overly rich, but always light, even cheesecake, which like Japanese cheesecake is more akin to a sponge cake.

The signature item would usually be Dan Taat (egg tart) which is a custard tart in a pastry so flaky it falls apart at the slightest touch. Lots of British influence coming in there. Smile

So unlike western bakeries where they have very rustic bread, or have elegant rich cakes etc, Hong Kong bakeries (which cantonese people apparently love and have like thousands) are very suited to East Asian tastes, where cleanliness and lightness is preferred in sweets.

Well that went longer than expected. I didn't even get to talk about savoury baking. O.O lol

Photographer.

I was trying to pursue after highschool, but parents thought it was a waste of time.

I had my dream job... running my own business.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I would love to be paid to play video games and give my critical analysis about how crappy the game is. But no one wants to pay someone to tell them their product sucks and sucks in a bad way.

Actually there are people whose job is exactly that. There are also advisors for game players - people call them when they are stuck in the game and can't move into another level etc.

monk Wrote:I've always loved drawing and painting so being an artist would suit me fine. Thumbgrin

If only I was better at it. Cry
Monk, you are very good at other things Bighug
I dreamed about drawing since my school years (when I learned that my teacher thought I couldn't). It took me 20 years to take a pencil and TRY again. Sure, it's not art, but drawing nature makes me feel nice and I am sorry I got influenced so much by that teacher.

Mrmatty77 Wrote:Photographer.

I was trying to pursue after highschool, but parents thought it was a waste of time.

Matty, there is always time to persuade your dream. Your parents can't have the last word in everything you do Remybussi

Nick9 Wrote:Matty, there is always time to persuade your dream. Your parents can't have the last word in everything you do Remybussi

Yeah, i realized this when they said it was a good idea to join the military. Regretting a lot of it now. But I have plans and hopefully they'll work out, in time.

RockerBlocks Wrote:To find a cure for ANY disease.

Making a difference in this world is something I wish i had the confidence to do, (One step at a time, I suppose)

The smaller differences count as well :3 perhaps plant a tree?

As for me, my dream job is to be a space Pirate. But I may be premature for this to be a possibility. I want to explore the universe!

Actor/Dancer/Model/Singer/Rapper Fish2

singer or actor

My dream job would be to be a successful author. I love writing now, just for fun and to share with others -- but getting paid to do it would be quite nice.