Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats been going on
Things have been a bit interesting here at my grandmothers lately. I've been here since yesterday, school started this week too so missin some of that, what fun Tongue

Anyways my grandpa passed away the other day, which really does suck, but he lived to be 89 so he had a bit of a good life Smile And i also found out a bit of our family history from my mothers side.

I found out today that My grandpa is a WW2 Veteran, and i had no knowledge of this, but than again never really asked either so my fault Tongue But knowing has caused me to have a whole lot more respect for the man (btw my grandpa is not my biological grandpa, but he was the only one i knew, thats really all that mattered)

Another thing i found out was that My uncle Dennis served in the Vietnam War, and the thing is he died a couple years back. I of course came but never went to the actual funeral, which i regret a bit now actually.... plus i never had the chance to ever get to know any of my uncles really. On top of that, my Uncle Richard served in the air force, he was stationed up in alaska. I also found out he may have had Aspergers syndrome, like i do.

Also, there is another family member, i forget what his name is exactly, but he served time in Iraq, idk exactly when this was though, long before i was born.

And lastly, and i found this to be quite interesting, but while askin about the history of my mothers side of the family, i found that William Wallace is my cousin!

Anyways, it really has been a bit of an interesting week, despite the fact of my grandpas passing. I just figured i would post whats all is happening so far.

My condolences for your loss Lovelyraveboy.

Mourning the loss of a loved one often brings to surface regrets and curiosities.

Perhaps if you want to know more about these people you could talk to the ones closest to them, often the best way to pay your respects for someone is to learn more about them Wink

I wish you and your family all the very best.

you have an interesting family there mate - you have a lot of military men in your gene's and im not supprised you didnt know your granpa severev in ww2 - mine never mentioned that he did in his entire life i knew him to me personally but my grandma showed me a B/W photo of his squad n i picked him out even though he was only young then , i guess some were just happy it was over..sorry he recently passed away - biological or not...he was the one who loved you.

My condolences on the loss of your grandfather.

Bighug

Biological or not biological, we are still sorry to lose the ones we've loved and learned to love in a family... I'm sorry that he's passed away. Please accept my condolences too, LRB.

It is nice to be able to catch up on some family history, even if it's of people who, somehow, have been added to the family tree by marriage, second marriage, or adoption...

I have an "adopted" brother and an "adopted" sister... people who elected a place in this family and they are important to us and have come up with brotherly and sisterly love, caring and wisdom at the time of my mum's passing. It does help that they are both older than us and they have often been our mentors or minders since we were kids. These relationships are so much better than family feuds.

Hope you aren't suffering too much from the bereavement, but, as you say, the consolation is that your grandpa lived a good life if he was 89, even if he had to suffer the hardships of the war.

Thanks to all of you for the condolences, and yes he has lived uite a good life.

My family is a bit interesting now that i think about it. See me and my grandpa never really talked much, or should i say he was a bit soft spoken like i am most the times. I knew that there were some vets in our family, i just never knew from which side... there were three vets at grandpas funeral, and i never knew any of the vets from my mothers side that have died or i hardly got the chance to know.

But yeah, i have been asking around, just wanna get to know him a little more than i originally did
Just like i ask around about my uncle richard, who passed 18 years ago. Wanna at least get to know a little about him some

You might find some family archives lying around... Ask your parents if there are any.