Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats in a Name???
Okay, I don't believe a name has anything to do with what personality someone will develop (I don't see any logical grounds for that) but I do hate the name 'Marcus' because the 5 people with that name I've met in my life have been the biggest douches since Hitler.

All the Niklases I've met have been intelligent, sweet, admirable and handsome little guys though. Oh, and humble. Niklases fucking own.

Only a handful of people on this board know my name (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, NO SPOILERS), and I think it has had a profound affect on my personality, both positive and negative, being largely uncommon and apparently difficult for most to spell or pronounce correctly the first time.

Counselor Wrote:Only a handful of people on this board know my name (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, NO SPOILERS), and I think it has had a profound affect on my personality, both positive and negative, being largely uncommon and apparently difficult for most to spell or pronounce correctly the first time.

C'mon really? It can't be that hard to pronounce 'DOC'!

Counselor Wrote:Only a handful of people on this board know my name (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, NO SPOILERS), and I think it has had a profound affect on my personality, both positive and negative, being largely uncommon and apparently difficult for most to spell or pronounce correctly the first time.

Mr. Rumpelstiltskin I presume?

Being a baker, and had worked in public bakeries, Ive had to learn how to spell just about every name out there.....common and uncommon.

I had one old lady come up to me and order a Birthday cake one day. I asked what she wanted written on the cake, she said "Happy Birthday Mary". I asked her how she spelled "Mary". She got an attitude and said in a nasty voice "How the hell do you THINK you spell 'Mary' "!?!?! I rattled out to her "MARY", "MARI", MAREE", "MARIE", "MAREI", MARREE", "MAHRY"....and I went on for about a minute or so......

The woman shut her mouth and seemed to be embarrassed of her stupidity. She thanked me and walked off.

I laughed after she left the store.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Mr. Rumpelstiltskin I presume?

Being a baker, and had worked in public bakeries, Ive had to learn how to spell just about every name out there.....common and uncommon.

I had one old lady come up to me and order a Birthday cake one day. I asked what she wanted written on the cake, she said "Happy Birthday Mary". I asked her how she spelled "Mary". She got an attitude and said in a nasty voice "How the hell do you THINK you spell 'Mary' "!?!?! I rattled out to her "MARY", "MARI", MAREE", "MARIE", "MAREI", MARREE", "MAHRY"....and I went on for about a minute or so......

The woman shut her mouth and seemed to be embarrassed of her stupidity. She thanked me and walked off.

I laughed after she left the store.
Dam, that's bauss.

I don't really see connect between name and personality.A name is just a name to me it doesn't really have anything to do with personality.