Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your biggest mistake at work/school?
Okay work a paper mill, we make toilet paper, paper towel and such and a few weeks a ago almost got my leg crushed. It’s kind of hard to explain but I’ll try, so here goes.

There is this big piece of equipment called a re-winder and it winds the tissue paper around the cardboard core. After the wound it gets kicked over to the glue wire, the log spins around the wire really fast sealing the ends. The than rolls over to the flipper, the flipper…well flips the roll into the accumulator. Sometimes glue builds up around the rollers between the wire and the flipper and you have to wash it off. So a few weeks ago the re-winder operator asked me to jump there to wash give the rollers a wipe down.

Assuming the air pressure was turned off I hopped up on the flipper….MISTAKE. I put my foot right on the sensor that activates the flipper and got flipped. Lucky a managed to roll off the flipper and landed on the steal table by the rollers, which kind of hurt. As I laid trying to process what just happen the flipper was coming back down and my right leg was right in it’s path. So I had to quickly move my leg before it got crushed, it missed my leg a like a inch.

TimmyThink Wrote:... it missed my leg a like a inch.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

i done a stopid mistake at work it was making the food and i put the wrong meat in the pan it was the wrong meat becase not cooked.you have to cook the meat before put it in the stiw.i got it mixsed up about putting it in the pan.i got wrong and i criyed .but then the worker said just a mistike dont worrry

I'm a designer for a real estate company and we advertise our real estate event in major newspapers frequently.

It happens that I was really tired and had to rush designing a newspaper ad.

Result, Friday's newspaper ad (1/4 page) featured wrong date and wrong year for real estate event. I felt like I like wanted to jump off from a building at the time. Thankfully no one in my office noticed the error. I managed to contact the newspaper company and fixed the error. I was scolded like hell by the newspaper company though. Thank heaven I noticed the error earlier. It would be horrible nightmare if the error appears in the Saturday's newspaper as we advertise full page on Saturday.

zeon Wrote:Hi,
Whats your biggest mistake you ever done at work or school??? What did you do to rectify it or combat it? What was the outcome???

coming out in the first place..

My biggest mistake happened when I was 14, I back handed another student up the side of his head because on the way out of the class he called me a c^%*. But unluckily for me, his parents where on the board governors for the school, thus the police were called and I was arrested for common assault. So that means now I have a criminal record and can’t do some jobs, like being a teacher..

That sucks dude.

I'm not sure about the worst things I'v ever done in school. I'v never had a proper job so I can't really say anything about that.

I nearly got kicked out of school in my earlier years... I guess combatted that by changeing my whole perspective on life/ changeing my friends and whole load of other stuff.

The worst that happened to me was when I was a cashier, I somehow misplaced a customer's $500 cheque. I spent a whole afternoon tearing apart every register and looking under every counter, to no avail... eventually I had to man up and call the customer and tell him that his cheque had been lost and he needed to put a stop payment on it and bring in a new one. He was not a happy camper... but my supervisors were impressed how I handled myself, so it had a somewhat positive outcome.

Well after annoucing my worst moment my best was finding a abandoned animal see my other post and giving it a home... My home... whats yours?