Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your drink?
Ok so whats you're favorite alcoholic drink? I like a nice glass of wine. Red and dry. Nothing white and sweet. What about you guys?

I also prefer reds, esp. Chianti, Shiraz.

I also like a good bourbon or spiced rum.

I don't touch vodka . . . bad summer in college, blah!

I must be boring . . . I stick to my beers. My home town has some really good micro breweries.

I also stay away from vodka now . . . . had a friend marry a Russian lady and her entire family made sure my shot glass was full for every toast they had. I couldn't understand them speaking in Russian . . . but after a few toasts, I couldn't even understand English. : P

Normally, I just stick to wine coolers, typically peach or strawberry. I also like strawberry daiquiris, strawberry wine, peach brandy (which I developed a taste for as a child and especially like in eggnog), and, perhaps most of all, honey mead.

I kinda like B&B but I have to be careful because I easily cross from buzzed to drunk, and I don't even feel that drunk (though lazy and affectionate). Once I tried bringing up TV eps on the computer thinking I only had a slight buzz but kept hitting all the wrong keys. But it has a very pleasant feeling, unlike most other forms of alcohol, and there's this "warmth" I feel when I drink it that spreads pleasantly through me as I drink a little more...and a little more...

JShell1265 Wrote:I also stay away from vodka now . . . . had a friend marry a Russian lady and her entire family made sure my shot glass was full for every toast they had. I couldn't understand them speaking in Russian . . . but after a few toasts, I couldn't even understand English. : P

Back in 2000-2001 I picked up some Russian, but as one high strung Russian American said, I "butchered the language" with my atrocious (Texan) accent. But one day I ended up drinking a bunch of wine & vodka and strangely I spoke & understood (at least I think so) Russian better than I ever had before, and even the Russians said my accent had gone away I sounded like them. Ever since, when I tried speaking Russian I always tried to sound I had a drunken slur--and it worked! :tongue:

There was a Russian craze of women smoking cigars for awhile, too, and after I had some vodka a very close friend got me to try one....me who feels sick from just taking a drag of a cigarette...and she forgot to tell me HOW to smoke a cigar so I took a puff like it was a cigarette...I thought I was literally gonna hurl and for weeks after if I even smelled cigarette smoke I felt a little sick again. I swore off vodka after that since it hampered my better sense.

Unfortunately I never got that good with the Russian and after years of disuse I'd pretty much have to start over (well, I know the alphabet...). Though when I saw the movie White Oleander I recognized "mother" from "Милой мамочке". But I had to get a Russian friend to tell me what the entire phrase was (roughly "to my sweet mother" IIRC).

A large Manhattan straight up and very. very cold. Made properly two will always put me on my ass. But if you have only 2 drinks most people barely remember you drank at all.

I'm also a wine drinker, but starting to prefer whites (there are dry ones).

Other that that, I like whiskey, on the rocks.

Smile

I like WKD blue, archers and red wine. Confusedmile:

Hmmm well i have a thing for cuba libre, mojitos and for the more casual days Jin with tonic...
As for shots i ll never say no to a white tequila or jagermeister!

JShell1265 Wrote:I must be boring . . . I stick to my beers. My home town has some really good micro breweries.
: P

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Hi JShell, the USA as come a long way from the days when you could only get frozen to death beers...! I was amazed when I was given a few bottles of hand crafted beers from the USA every bit as good as what we produce over in Europe.

For me it's got to be Real Ale and nothing else. I did enjoy a whiskey and bourbon, but don't drink anything like that now sigh of sorry....! [/COLOR][/SIZE]Scatter

I mostly just drink beer and shot vodka if i want to get drunk but if i ever want to enjoy the taste i often mix it to several drinks, for instance i love Banshee and Piña Colada, Grasshopper isn't to bad, Daiquiris of all flavors are good, Horses neck is pretty nice, Tokyo ice tea has a bit to strong alcohol flavor but its a good way to get drunk and wants something that isn't to bitter or sour, 0155 is a good shot... and the list goes on. It just depends how much i want to spend.