Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your favorite kind of architecture?
I'm more Arts and Crafts style.

Frank Lloyd Wright is my inspiration https://www.google.com/#q=frank+lloyd+wright+houses

Shaker furniture and other simple, but elegant types of designs are my preferred styling.

I had a think for Victorian in the 90's (1890's) but I out grew it and moved on to more sustainable, natural materials.

VileKyle Wrote:I've always loved traditional German architecture. It's absolutely beautiful!

[Image: 8Rathaus.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1182.JPG]
[Image: DSC00733.JPG]
[Image: GermanCourtyard.jpg]
[Image: 2149067359_5da755cfef_z.jpg]

I love the Cologne Cathedral in Germany too! Its tall, skeletal structure is really creepy and highly inspirational.
[Image: IMG_2243-copy1.jpg]
[Image: Cologne%2BCathedral%2B01.jpg]
[Image: cologne11.jpg]

Oh yeah, thats some nice stuff there!!!Herz

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I'm more Arts and Crafts style.

Frank Lloyd Wright is my inspiration https://www.google.com/#q=frank+lloyd+wright+houses

Shaker furniture and other simple, but elegant types of designs are my preferred styling.

I had a think for Victorian in the 90's (1890's) but I out grew it and moved on to more sustainable, natural materials.

I like FLW designs also, but my fav is Gothic Vic.

I also like homes made from stone.
[Image: raw-stone-wood-house-1.jpg]

I like Baroque Architecture.. Especially Spanish and Italian baroque

And the neoclassical architecture... It just makes any city beautiful.

And modern skyscrapers.. I am fascinated about seeing a great skyline. Best I've seen in Asia would be in Hong Kong and Shanghai

Quote: I wouldn't mind having one of those "tree houses" myself!!! I would just be scared if it ever broke or fell over!!!!

Actually, though aesthetically it looks like its just a house in a tree, nearly all of them are supported by tensile or "adjustable" wire that allows for the tension to be wound tightly or more slack, depending on how the person wants the house and is expandable, so that when the tree grows, so does it essentially.

And that many trees in the South American forests typically have very long life spans, enough for maybe 2-3 generations to live in, which is how many people pick their tree for stability.

A young well developed tree with a long life span, such as the Sequoioideae family of Trees or "Red Woods", found in Oregon, California and China, would probably be the best in the world, as they live for thousands of years proposedly and grow very tall and firm. However are endangered and vulnerable to man influenced disasters.

So don't worry Tinkles Puss, you won't fall over for a long while :p

[Image: architecture-fancy-colorful-victorian-sa...ations.jpg]

While I was in San Fran I saw a bunch of these colorful Victorian homes..
So awesome.. Smile

[Image: Santa-Fe-NM-36cedb-e1373494457550.jpg]

I love Southwestern type homes too.. Cause of the cozy warm feel to it.

[Image: design-narrowhouse.jpg]
[Image: deck-douse-plans-japanese-modern-architecture-1.jpg]

..and modern Asian/Japanese architecture Wink I like the ones that use old designs
but more modern aesthetics..

Well I have to say I love big modern steel and glass architecture I love big modern skyscrapers and cityscapes. I would love to go to New York and see the skyscrapers there!!! I know people say there monstrosity but I like them!!

I like skyscrapers. I don't get the chance to see many of them in person, being in a small town in a rural region of my state.
I mostly appreciate large buildings for their engineering.
For example, I like the skyscraper known as "the Gherkin" in London, England:

[Image: the-gherkin-008.jpg]

I like how it is suppose to be really energy efficient.

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable about large buildings is the thought of how they could deteriorate if left alone. It's this really weird thing of mine where I kind of wish we could design modern buildings that could somehow stay together for thousands of years if abandoned. I don't know, it's weird.

I like "the shard" in london and old cottages with low black and white beams and thatched roof and covered in ivy, i like when nature starts to re-claim or incorparated, one of the coolest place i saw was a tree going through the middle of the house that was carved into a staircase by hand.

Sylph Wrote:Actually, though aesthetically it looks like its just a house in a tree, nearly all of them are supported by tensile or "adjustable" wire that allows for the tension to be wound tightly or more slack, depending on how the person wants the house and is expandable, so that when the tree grows, so does it essentially.

And that many trees in the South American forests typically have very long life spans, enough for maybe 2-3 generations to live in, which is how many people pick their tree for stability.

A young well developed tree with a long life span, such as the Sequoioideae family of Trees or "Red Woods", found in Oregon, California and China, would probably be the best in the world, as they live for thousands of years proposedly and grow very tall and firm. However are endangered and vulnerable to man influenced disasters.

So don't worry Tinkles Puss, you won't fall over for a long while :p

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of lighting hitting the tree, or a flood washing out the roots, or heavy wind knocking it over, or animals digging into it.