Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your heritage?
Spanish/Italian/Greek. Only one grand parents out of the four has the French citizenship.

I don't know if there is a term for it, other than "half breed" for me either....

Caucasian and American Indian.

American Indian side = Blackfeet Indian (Father)

Caucasian side = French and Irish mainly (some other also) (Mother)

Mestizo....that's the term here...I refer you to my post Tinkles..

us mixtures need to stick together Biglaugh

Prehispanic nations: Yaqui, Raramuri, Maya and Zoque.
European nations: France, Spain and Italy

southbiochem Wrote:Mestizo....that's the term here...I refer you to my post Tinkles..

us mixtures need to stick together Biglaugh

Im sure I can find something to help us stick together!!!!
[Image: 108031005.jpg]

Mmmm, sticky-licious!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Nothing unfortunate about that!!!!!
Herz

One thing I've always found funny about the Irish though is that we seem to get around a lot, for such a small country so many around the world claim at least one Irish ancestor Roflmao

Reminds me of this joke:
[Image: 1331993957845_229742.png]

ggugcuuau Wrote:One thing I've always found funny about the Irish though is that we seem to get around a lot, for such a small country so many around the world claim at least one Irish ancestor Roflmao

You actually are really onto something. One of the very first things I learned in demographics in college was about self-reporting, and the example the professor used regarding how ethnic backgrounds regarded as "cool" to have will be over-reported in self-identification, and ones "not cool" to have will be under-reported, and that in the U.S., is that five times as many people claim Irish ancestry as could possibly have it based on the number of immigrants who came to the U.S. from Ireland. Of course it used to be a very "not cool" ethnic group to belong to, but these days it's just sorta "cutely" associated with "yay, beer, fighting, Notre Dame, ST. PADDY'S DAY!", and is very 'cool' to have.

There is a similar over-reporting of Cherokee blood, because many families in America have a grandma or aunt or mother who at one point in the 60's was a hippie who tried to trace any sort of link to Pocahontas (who I guess they thought was Cherokee..?) or any "native Princess" when "being in tune with Nature" and having Native blood was temporarily super cool during that time period. (Why just Pocahontas and the Cherokee specifically became the posterchild of the flower power imagery, I don't know.)

Scots/english/welsh

partis Wrote:Scots/english/welsh

More like.....

cute/hawt/owlish

[Image: laughing-owl-by-kollor93-flickr.jpg]
OH NO U DITUNT!!! LMAO

on my mother's side I am 5th generation Australian after my Great great grand-father emmigrated from the UK in 1855 aged 5. I am a decendant of the Beach family from Surry UK.

On my fathers side, which I haven't done a great deal of research on, I decend from Irish heritage as a decendant of the 'McCaffrey' family.