Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your heritage?
just like Bry...mostly Spanish with a bit of Chinese.

Mother side: Grandma is from a Spanish family, Grandpa is a native with Chinese, Japanese heritage
Father side: Grandpa is from a Spanish family, Grandma is a native mainly with Malay/Chinese heritage

Most Pinoys with Spanish ancestry are concentrated in Manila or Cebu...and Zamboanga to some extent.

My heritage is German, French, Dutch, and, Polish.

Just found out im very likely part English as well. To recap:

Confirmed: Polish, Lithuanian, Italian, Slovenian, German, Native American

Very likely: Irish, English, French

I cant confirm what kind of Native American though, where from exactly. My parents dont care much about stuff like this so I dont know. I dont really believe the DNA tests because some say it can go all the way back to Neanderthals, and im just sitting here like "Ok, and you got their DNA samples how?"

I'm half Irish and Half Scottish and Half Mad and Half Elf and fully Earthican.

Mother's side come directly from Ireland, Father's side come directly from Scotland.

Both sets of grandparents immigrated to the US... Sort of odd that their kids had to be transplanted half way around the world to meet... but it worked out for them.

Well not actually... the divorce was horrendous....

Maori scottish and english. :3

Very Irish, French, some Canadian First Nations.

There's a lot of Cherokee because they mixed in with whites the easiest. Socially speaking, anyway, they had a lot in common with white settlers and integrated the easiest (Trail of Tears and the like notwithstanding). They were also an important part of Texas independence from Mexico (though they then got royally screwed despite the efforts of some, and marrying Cherokee was one of the reasons the Republic of Texas made laws about race and marriage). They even joined the Confederates in the Civil War (part of that was bitterness over the Trail of Tears, but some were also slave owners).

All in all I can believe many have Cherokee in their bloodline, more than any other Native American group. Still, so many were trying to officially claim heritage that the Cherokee nation made some very strict guidelines on who could be counted, guidelines that many with Cherokee ancestry could not meet if they'd integrated into white society (and makes sense to me).

I never heard of them being associated with Pocahontas, and it's not just hippies who claim Cherokee ancestors.

There's a county library that has a book that details the history of our county, a fascinating read, IMO.

As for me my mothers side were descended from Swedish settlers and remained fairly pure in bloodline (marrying other Swedes or at least Scandinavians more often than not, especially at first as my family had a rep for being disreputable outlaws that others would have little to do with, at least publicly).

My father's side has a lot of Scots-Irish, which includes Butler, and my paternal grandmother claims to be descended from the Butlers of Kilkenny, which might help explain her snobbish attitude toward others (including me). My father was actually a Cochran which I read up on and found they were originally Northmen who carved out a place for themselves in Scotland but eventually integrated into the Scottish community (becoming Clan Cochrane), so I've got a lot of Scandinavian blood in me. It's my belief that Dad's side of the family came over to escape persecution & poverty and they settled in the town after the Swedes from my mother's side did.

No Cherokee in my ancestry. Wink

German, Scottish, French-Canadian, with hints of Norwegian, Swedish, and English.

Btw, I once borrowed a dvd from the library on old Schoolhouse Rock vids, and this was one of them on it: