Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When I grow up ...
When I was a child I always wanted to be either a sweetshop owner or a French Teacher when I grew up ...

... and now I run the IT Dept. for a small law firm ...

... what did you want to grow up to be when you were a child, and how does it compare with what you're doing now ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

When I was really little, I wanted to be a pilot. But eventually when I got a little older, around 8-10, I wanted to be a vet. Again, when I got into junior high, when I was around 12-14, I decided that I wanted to be a writer. I still want to be a writer, and I have be trying for 8 years to write this huge story I have stuck in my head (I've only managed about 7 chapters, which barely gets into the story). Anyway, it wasn't until my second year at university (I was 19) that I discovered how much I really loved Classics. Now I pursue my study of Ancient History, but I still try to keep my creative writing around too.

When i was 2 years old mothers said i wanted to be a traveler. When i was about 12 wanted to be a solicitor then a journalist/writer and although i work in something relevant to mental/health/special needs people, i havent give up to the dream being a journalist/writer and pursuing it with encouraging results so far. I will also fulfill the traveler ambition i had since i was 2 that was what i really wanted all along :tongue:

Seriously... I always wanted to work with animals... ideally a vet... GCSEs went really well... but screwed up my A-Levels big time. Got into Uni though doing Animal Management and I am currently working with dogs.

I used to want to be an actor or an artist when I was very young. Teens still the same and got A's in art and drama. Things went off the rails after highschool dropping out of 3 collage coarses all in media. Though lookin back time off collage was actually a .good thing.

However now i'm goin for the last shot of collage and, suprise suprise, i'm doing film making and my hobby is drawing. Oh plus I have an acting agent and work acting part time to pay the bills. And i'm lovin it.

Idealy i'd love to do stop motion movies like corpse bride. Tim burton got me into wantin 2 make films when I was 9 and i have done ever since.

Fair play though hun I've seen some of your drawings and they are really good, so that's something you really ought to be able to make work for you Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Allways wanted to be a vet growing up...until I found out I sucked big time at biology! So instead I let people pay me to travel around the world and look nice.

Ever since I first read Macbeth in primary school,I'd always dreamed of being a writer but because "No Wade has ever struggled",I was forced to take up economics in university.I now work as a investment analyst at an investment company.Rivetting stuff!

Do you do any writing in your spare time babe ?

I write guides for video games under the handle "Mister Sinister" on gamefaqs.com when I've the time - I find it allows me a chance to let my sense of humour take over for a while, and focuses my creative moments onto something helpful, which is always cool Cool.

The guys there seem to like them, so it's a mutually beneficial arrangement ... Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

At least you've got a creative outlet for your writing aspirations.In the 12th grade,I wrote a novel called "Breaking & Entering".Well last year,my brother alerted me that there was a movie of the same name coming out & I should sue for commision!ANYWAYS,now I only draw up income statement & budgets. Sad