Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you complain in a restaurant?
I agree with contacting corporate for bad service, it works out better for everyone. If an employee knows the complaints are coming from up on high it is motivation to change or move on because it can't really be a fight they can win. It makes it easier on the manager because they aren't the bad guy it is coming from their boss. It keeps things on a more professional level and it doesn't turn into a personal thing.

I usually eat at the same places over and over again and I really don't find I have anything to complain about. I tip generously so I usually get someone who wants to wait on us and does a great job..

The times I do have a complaint...I usually just decide not to return. If the food and/or service is that bad I would rather not waste my time again in the future. I would rather not complain about the food because I don't want them to "do it over".

I am a big fan of restaurants who have been in business 40+ years...because there is a reason why. I hate corporate chain restaurants...

If something doesn't satisfy me, I will talk about it. I pay them money to have a good meal. Who else will defend my rights for me if not me myself?

I might bring it up with the manager/supervisor before I leave if it is something particularly bad. The restaurant employee works in a service-oriented job...and that's what I expect, to be serviced well. People have bad days, but don't bring it to work.

After working in a restaurant many years as a cook, I've seen lots of good and bad stuff and kind've have a different way of looking at service, and am generally more forgiving.

I eat a lot at the restaurant I used to work at, and still know all the managers and most of the servers. They're not perfect, but I always take the good servers. I know that most of the time, food is late because of the kitchen, not the servers. A lot of times, if you get food that isn't as warm as you want, it's likely because it got finished before something else. Of course, appetizers and single-person orders are often the servers fault, but keep In mind that timing can just work against it. What if your food gets put up for them to take to you, but the server is busy with another table at that exact moment and doesn't get to it for a couple minutes? That's just the way it goes sometimes. There is a system in place to get food sent out even by different servers, but it doesn't always happen, depending on if there's a "QA" or manager back there monitoring what comes out.

I also rarely send stuff back, because usually I don't order anything special. I don't typically order steaks, so that's not a problem. Otherwise, the worst I deal with is when I say "no lettuce" or something and they put lettuce on it. Nothing I can't get over. I don't have an allergy reason, and I'm not gonna get super bent out of shape over it. Being in the back, it always bugged the shit out of me when people sent stuff back over dumb reasons. Like "oh I forgot to say no sesame seeds on my bun" or "I didn't order that" when in fact, they did.

Valid complaints are ok, when we messed up, I had no problem fixing it. I was more mad at myself or co worker for making the mistake. And you never really know when you're the customer, if the server rang it in wrong or if the cook messed up, so I don't judge.

I also know about how long stuff should take, so I don't get upset over long waits.

It's like walking through the looking glass...

Everyone should have to work service industry sometime in their life. Builds character.