Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you make it offical?
I have been seeing this guy for about 2 months to 2 and half months. If you read my previous post you will know more about my situation. My question is when is it ok to ask someone to be your boyfriend? I know that he likes me the way I like him. He does a lot of things for me that other guys I dated would probably not do. I feel comfortable and I can be myself around him. We are even taking a trip to D.C. together in March, which is amazing because I never been out of town with a guy before nor have I been invited by others. So How do I bring up the conversation of being boyfriends?

I don't think there is something like a rule that says when it is the right time. You say you're sure that he likes you the way you like him, to me that sounds like now is a pretty good time Wink

Communication is key to a healthy, happy long relationship. Communication is when two people face each other and talk about what it is that they want/need/desire/hope/plan without any expectation that the other will lie to appease the other in their questioning, without expectations that the other will give the answers we want.

Yes you may hope that this is his desire as well, but do not set up the conversation in such a way were he feels that he must say yes.

So Ask him things like 'where do you see us going as a couple/friends?'.

Find how how he feels about the idea of becoming more exclusive, and how he feels about the idea of boy-friend labels.

IF he seems to be on the same page as you they ask him 'do you want to be my boy-friend?'

Since I don't know the full in and out here, you might need to set it up with statements like:

'There is no pressure to answer yes, but I wanted to know do you want to be my boy-friend?

In my own previous relationships there have been in depth conversations like this to get us from 'just dating' to BF status. In other relationships there was no conversation, just one day he started referring to me as his BF and it felt right.

So there is no real hard fast rules here. You two need to just figure it out on your own how you both take this step.

Good luck.

I dunno. I mean, Gideon locked me down super fast. He knew what he wanted and just made damn sure that I didn't have the time or inclination to go elsewhere. (Not that I wanted to.)

That said? The whole "boyfriend" word probably didn't come up for a few months (although I'd bet money the guy probably still remembers the day and date, yeah?)

I don't think there's a set time limit. When it feels right, it's the right time.

Bowyn has the right idea.

You have to make sure you're both on the same page. It's no use going around calling him 'boyfriend' if he doesn't feel the same.

Have you discussed becomming exclusive? Are you currently both free to see other people? Ask him how he feels, and when he answers you'll know where you stand. Just make sure he understands there's no pressure, and if he wants to wait a while longer, he has that option.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!