Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you think men lose their virginity?
Historically, virgin was often used to mean ‘unmarried’ – as in not owned by a man. A virgin was thus property for the taking (sadly, not all too different from today…Wink. Another interesting historical tidbit is that the so-called ‘Virgin Mary’ was actually the ‘Young Mary.’ As Barbara G. Walker documents in The Woman’s Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets, “Hebrew Gospels designated Mary by the word almah, mistakenly translated ‘virgin,’ but really meaning ‘young woman.'” Kind of puts a dent in the whole miraculous conception narrative, doesn’t it? Yet, this narrative took hold because it is so useful for patriarchy. Taken from: https://professorwhatif.wordpress.com/20...l-meaning/

So,,, if we stay with the original concept of "Virginity" according to this article,,, then any gay man who is single would be considered a virgin..

Well,,,, this original concept,, if applied today,, could lead to a confusing paradox where a virgin can be a oversexed street worker who takes it up the bee-hind 20 times a day.....

The Saintly Whore,
Jimeroooo
We Have Elvis !!

The hymen can be broken in ways other than penetrative sex. That has caused a few problems here and there. The whole virginity concept is just a bunch of hooey. Define it as you will and stop worrying about the details. As for guys, what the heck. Society has little expectation that they be "pure" anyway. The fact that we are concerned about such things these days is more of an indication that we are wrestling with our understanding of gender and social roles than any real concern about physical states.
I bid NO Trump!

Well i'm one of the creeps who are into anal, so i would say my virginity is gone when i either get penetrated or penetrate someone Tongue

Mick, I think I may be on a campaign. It is no more creepy to like anal sex than it is to like ice cream or fried chicken. Nor are you creepy. As long as you take good care of yourself and handle it all well things are just fine. So there.
I bid NO Trump!

By definition, virgin is someone who has never had sexual intercourse. And since oral sex doesn't count as intercourse, for gays virgin would be someone who has not penetrated/been penetrated, I guess.

A) Penetrating or being Penetrated for men.

B) A broken hymen isn't an indicator of lost virginity for woman at all, especially since it can break from a number of different causes. And even if it breaks, it can grow back. And the hymen doesn't actually have to break when you have sex, if you're careful, which most people aren't.

LJay Wrote:Mick, I think I may be on a campaign. It is no more creepy to like anal sex than it is to like ice cream or fried chicken. Nor are you creepy. As long as you take good care of yourself and handle it all well things are just fine. So there.

I know, it was ment as a joke, but i dont think i'm that good at making jokes xD

Monkey Wrote:A) Penetrating or being Penetrated for men.

B) A broken hymen isn't an indicator of lost virginity for woman at all, especially since it can break from a number of different causes. And even if it breaks, it can grow back. And the hymen doesn't actually have to break when you have sex, if you're careful, which most people aren't.

True that, as young my mom worked at a place where they made fake hymns, she said that it was especially muslims who had a new one made, probably cuz of the thing with no sex before they're married, i feel sad for them on that area xD

They often broke it from doing sports such as gymnastics and riding Smile

LJay Wrote:Thawoods, according to your post guys losing their virginity when they ejaculate would mean that most of them are no longer virgins by about age twelve and there need not have been anyone else present.

That's the point, probably, we have all have lost our virginity before we even had to figure out how we lost it!

thawoods Wrote:Women lose their virginity when they break their hymen, so i just thought that it might be analogous to think that for men, is that they lose their virginity during the first time they get their pipes get cleaned out (not counting nocturnal emissions). It all has to do with "breaking out," for women, breaking their hymen, for men, breaking out their semen. x

There is no analogy to be made. Rupturing a membrane has has no equivalent in males.

And women break out blood before (ideally :eekSmile having sex, whcih is an indication of sexual maturity in females.

I would think the simplest choice of concept for "virginity" has to do with penetrative sex.

Of course that would lead to the conclusion that the sole concept of "virginity" is nonsensic.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]