Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When sex-change is a mistake: Some transsexuals suffer bitter regrets
When sex-change is a mistake: Some transsexuals suffer bitter regrets. Sarah Lonsdale reports

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/...2822.html#

According to studies in America and Holland, around one in 20 post-operative transsexuals changes his or her mind after surgery, and around one in ten never adjusts and often becomes deeply depressed. In Britain, around 250 sex-change operations take place every year - the majority for the transition from male to female (of these, about 50 are performed on the NHS, the rest in private clinics). The NHS offers little counselling for people seeking genital surgery. Those without the funds to pay for private counselling must rely on occasional visits to consultant NHS psychiatrists to make up their mind about whether surgery is what they really want and need.

id advise against it

Its choice isn't it. I know lots of transgender people. The ones I know are happy with their transitions. I also know a couple that aren't going to transition at all even tho that their sex and genders don't match up. Also I think that people need more education on gender and how fluid it can be and the difference between sex and gender.

but 19 out of 20 don't regret it and feel like they have they body and the gender that they were meant to be born with.

Holland, I find you to be a very negative, disruptive, antagonistic person who seems to delight in pissing a whole community off and alienating yourself from people that could be your friends.

dfiant Wrote:Holland, I find you to be a very negative, disruptive, antagonistic person who seems to delight in pissing a whole community off and alienating yourself from people that could be your friends.

LOL...Every once in awhile I am tempted to "View Post" as I have had them all blocked after the first week or so..but I resist. It is bad for my spirit. I have seen other "Hollands" on the Internet..especially political boards...and I know to ignore them and not subject myself to them. They try to bait you and when you bite they do the whole passive aggressive crap. Been there...done that...no more...waste of perfectly good energy.

I probably should do the same, but there are so many young people who are exposed to enough negativity, prejudice and hatred in their lives without someone from their own community questioning their thoughts and feelings by spruiking irrelevant bullcrap.

Some people need someone to stand along side them when people so negative and antagonistic are provoking prejudices within their own community.

dfiant Wrote:I probably should do the same, but there are so many young people who are exposed to enough negativity, prejudice and hatred in their lives without someone from their own community questioning their thoughts and feelings by spruiking irrelevant bullcrap.

Some people need someone to stand along side them when people so negative and antagonistic are provoking prejudices within their own community.

That is true...I usually would be willing to do it and am glad you are doing it...I can only imagine what he is saying...He represents insanity to me and I had too much of that from my parents so I have a need to ignore him because if I didn't I would delete my account probably reading his trash.

so if i was a doctor and refused to do an operation like that i would be like the Grinch who stole Christmas? or just another person with an opinion?or what?

i posted an article here

why do you make personal attacks?why?

For some reason, I'm up at 2:30am singing for no reason Confused . Random, but again, it's 2:30 lol.

Anywho-back on topic.

Holland, I think Transexuals are cute :3 .

Well, actually, I think all people are. People are people and will make choices we don't agree with and we just have to live with it, we can't force them not to be themselves.

Though you say "Advise" I can sense that you don't like Transexualism. It's okay if you don't, but you can't force it down other peoples throats. It's the same as someone telling you it's not "advisable" to be Bisexual.

Though these people may have regrets and suffer depression, that is their choice and we can only support them. You can crush ants, but they always find a way to come back, so will these people. They just need our support.

I am not a vindictive person, so I don't think negatively of you, and I think you're entitled to your opinion, but maybe you could be less crude with it? Not every teenager is like me and could take what you say to heart. Some Adults too.

You may not believe it, but I think you're a good person, but perhaps alittle frustrated? Like Dfiant said, we could be your friends and I'm totally willing to be, but shouldn't see things in black and white.

Each of us, Lesbian/Bi/Gay/Straight/Questioning/Transexual, we're all basically the same.

I accept your opinion, but I politefully have to disagree with it Smile .

Still. Bighug

east has a post here somewhere saying some trans have no desire to be lumped in with gays

but those with double standards dont give me option?to think on my own to unlump?

i do know many native american tribes and others have cross dressers and i think they call them 2 spirits-im not stupid and i dont hate them

i saw movie"boys dont cry"i despise hate filled people who would kill her as they did in real life

i know a girl who thinks shes male-i still talk to her

I'm sure plenty of doctors would refuse to do such an operation, but plenty of others don't. As long as there are people willing to take the money and perform the service, I don't care if someone refuses to do it. Indeed, this transexual experienced multiple doctors who refused to treat her, but she still crossed over and feels herself a better person for it:

http://reason.com/archives/1999/12/01/fr...singlepage

It's ok to say you don't understand it, but very different to say others who do are wrong, especially given that the vast majority do NOT regret it. If such a small percentage is an argument against it then so is all kinds of other surgery, from cosmetic to sterilization. Are you going to also advise those guys who need spinal surgery to walk again not to do it because a small percentage wind worse (but the majority see vast improvement)?

And more on your whining in a moment.