Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When sex-change is a mistake: Some transsexuals suffer bitter regrets
If you listen to talk radio when the subject comes up you will hear transgender folks...at least where I live...call in to complain about being included with "gay" except as a political force because they are not gay...they are straight women in a man's body.....I hear alot of gay men say the same thing on the opposite end of the spectrum I am not defending either side of the argument and I have agreed with people on both sides upon hearing the points they make. My point is that the divide does exist. The divide ends when it comes to a political force at which times the "T" usually ...but not always...agrees it is a good thing...I listened to alot of talk radio with gay themes for many years....
http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p=151...post151842

Relationship (and sex) with a transman - GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat

HollandofFrance Wrote:If you listen to talk radio when the subject comes up you will hear transgender folks...at least where I live...call in to complain about being included with "gay" except as a political force because they are not gay...they are straight women in a man's body.....I hear alot of gay men say the same thing on the opposite end of the spectrum I am not defending either side of the argument and I have agreed with people on both sides upon hearing the points they make. My point is that the divide does exist. The divide ends when it comes to a political force at which times the "T" usually ...but not always...agrees it is a good thing...I listened to alot of talk radio with gay themes for many years....
http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p=151...post151842

Relationship (and sex) with a transman - GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat

some like to single me out for criticism it seems -seems inconsistant

i personally think the world has gone mad and there's is little out there now

i hate this era i live in-people have all gone crazy

The reason East didn't get called a jerk for pointing out some trans had no desire to be lumped with gays is because he wasn't a jerk when he said it. And it's true, which is different from saying trans should not be lumped with gays.

The division in the gay community is more varied than that as well, such as how many lesbians don't like bisexual women (or for that matter many vanilla lesbians don't like S&M dykes and vice versa, as just one example). My pointing that out isn't an endorsement of such prejudice, nor is it a justification for maligning a group of people, it's simply stating that not all people get along. Of course, many others do, plenty trans and gays get along just as many lesbians and bisexual women get along. The fact that some don't get along doesn't mean we should all go our separate ways.

But that's beside the point.

The point is, assuming you're able to understand it, is you're not being "attacked" for having your own opinion, you're being called on being a passive aggressive jerk who provokes people with your obnoxious behavior, especially when you say others are wrong and then whine when someone gets as brutally honest as you like to be to everyone else and says you're the one who's wrong. The fact that you obviously don't have the awesome "mental prowess" you once claimed to have doesn't help.

You like being brutally honest and telling people they have problems or you don't agree with them? Well don't be surprised when someone finally gets brutally honest with you, and don't whine when others treat you with the same contempt you treat others. If you don't want people to be rude with you then don't be rude to us. Put yourself in our shoes before you post and ask if you'd like to be told how you're wrong, a hypocrite, or some other nasty thing. If someone saying the same thing to you would make you whine THEN DON'T SAY IT TO OTHERS. Or if you do, then don't whine when you get treated the same way in return.

You brought this topic up in another thread when it really wasn't even called for, so it just comes off as a way to rile people up which you should well know. And when people didn't get riled up enough you make a new thread based on one article and say all trans are wrong. This is being a jerk, and THAT'S why people have a problem with you.

And you could, here or there, have reworded it as something that you don't understand why people do that rather than saying they are wrong, and even pointing out that at least a few have regretted it is still ok. Plenty of us disagree with each other on this board all the time without being a jerk about it, so you have no reason to think it's your having your own opinion that's getting you flak. It's not a double standard that we're civil to each other because we ARE civil to each other when we debate, whereas you often come off as pretty obnoxious and confrontational. If you'd just work on expressing yourself better and not being so bitter and confrontational you'd get the same acceptance we give each other.

Honestly, I can't tell if you're a troll or if you just have some of the worst people skills imaginable. I know someone like you on the net and I'm convinced he doesn't mean to be an ass, but he's very confrontational and passive aggressive like you and interesting enough is the same age as you and shares a lot of your political opinions (to the point I briefly wondered if you both were the same person) which is why I give you the benefit of a doubt instead of blocking you as a troll myself. Though I doubt it will, I hope something of what I said manages to be understood by you the way it was intended (with the hope that maybe you can learn to play better with others).

I have a very good friend, a soul sister to be exact , who had a sex change.
And she never regretted it , I met her when she was still trapped in a mans body.
Keeping her from committing suicide while she was trapped was a constant worry.

Eventually she had enough money saved to have the operation , I was there for her through the whole ordeal, it was the most emotional time of my life.

A common assumption is that it is a quick process , I assure you it's not a matter of cut and tuck.
She had to go through psychological evaluations for about two years , after that was all done.

She had to live like a woman for a year.
Right down to the daily ritual of getting dressed and made up.( including bras , make up , heels)
Hardest was finding an employer that would be on board.

The amount of medication she had to take was alarming.
A year later she had the operation , she was in so much pain , but she battled it.

We have been friends since we were both 17 , she became complete at the age of 22.
She is the bravest person , and is an inspiration to me .

We were each others bridesmaids , she was there with me when I gave birth to my boys.
She is their aunt and even the oldest still calls her Aunty.
She is also Jess's God mother.

What she went through was never a mistake.

id advise against it

i dont care if most people hate me i dont think- i have different opinions i guess

would hope id influence someone thinking of operation to not do it i guess

i guess i dont regret making the post -maybe later i might regret

all i said is id advise no and you go on tirades

i hate the internet

maybe i talk too much?maybe

what if i said i have a very good friend who regretted it?

they would still be 1 out of 20...and there would be 19 others that don't regret it and have found their niche in life.

I have to say that I am so disappointed and offended that transgenders/sexuals are being trivialised by the mere existance of this thread.

Imagine struggling with internal turmoil feeling that you are trapped in the wrong body...AND THEN convincing everyone from family to psychologists and surgeons that you in fact are trapped in the wrong gendered body, struggling for year and years feeling like no one understands, no one cares.

AND THEN those very people come here looking for support and read your comments effectively trivialising and dismissing them simply because YOU don't believe it is right. You are the sort of people that traumatise transgenders and transexuals, the opinons you expose these people to are the opinions that cut them so deeply that they wonder if it is worth going on.

Holland, you have your opinions and you have a right to them, you however do not have the right to express your opinions in a manner that is offensive and dismissive.

By denying Transgenders and transexuals their rights and the access to all methods of leading them to a fulfilled and happy life is a human rights abuse.

PLEASE don't trivialise your fellow human beings rights.

Gender identity is a very wide and complicated spectrum.
So I can understand that while most people feel happy with their choices, there will be those that wont.
Along with that some say yes and some say no to the operation.

I think everyone is entitled to have an opinion...but maybe need to be careful in presenting it when you know that you will be the minority and have a high chance of people arguing against it.

I kind of understand though, that some people even after years of psych analysis and counseling, they regret the procedure later.
I have seen many women go through plastic surgery and some just absolutely regret it because they rely so heavily on the surgery to "make everything complete". but when all is done and nothing has changed except how you look, you feel betrayed.
I am sure there are other reasons too, but, I just think I understand.