Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When some people are just soooooo full of Bull Sh*t
marshlander Wrote:Freedom is fine, but with freedom comes responsibility. Unfortunately taking personal responsibility seems to be the missing link.
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]
Hi Marshlander I wonder if that person could get away with that sort of talk in Britain? In fact I'm not sure she could????

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Almac Wrote:[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]
Hi Marshlander I wonder if that person could get away with that sort of talk in Britain? In fact I'm not sure she could????

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
In Britain we've already proven our irresponsibility, so we have some protection in law, but I think she would be immune from prosecution. It's opinion, however ill-informed, not overtly hateful. She would probably attract a fair amount of derision, but no doubt there would be a constituency for her views too.

Yes you're so right if she advocated violence or anything like that she would be facing the full force of the law. But just look at how the British voter marginalised the British National Party (BNP) there could be no worse group of people to make any minority lives hell then those horrid people. Yes I think she would have gained a lot of derision and as you said some support, but on the whole not a lot?

marshlander Wrote:Freedom is fine, but with freedom comes responsibility. Unfortunately taking personal responsibility seems to be the missing link.

Morally I completely agree. However I am always very worried by the idea of legislation to make people 'take responsibility',
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:I am always very worried by the idea of legislation to make people 'take responsibility',

[SIZE="2"][SIZE="3"]Why, I think people should be under obligation to take responsibility
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

fredv3b Wrote:Morally I completely agree. However I am always very worried by the idea of legislation to make people 'take responsibility',
That wasn't what I was saying. We are almost in agreement. I'm not particularly worried by the notion, because I just don't know how one could legislate for taking responsibility in any way that isn't perceived as the imposition of punishment. My point is rather that too many people blame their behaviour on circumstances beyond their control Wink

pellaz Wrote:princealbertofb
"According to Harvey, there is no need for such an effort because gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people simply do not exist."

so where did the inverted pink triangle come form.
You've got a really good point there... and like the Shoah being denied, where did those yellow stars come from?

princealbertofb;123145
[COLOR=blue Wrote:
According to Harvey, there is no need for such an effort because gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people simply do not exist.[/COLOR]

Things like this make me feel sad, or at least they used to. Why would someone pretend to be something they're not especially when it makes their life harder.
It's just very frustrating to know there are people who think that way Cry

I agree with you Craig.... Being different is thoroughly overrated as a bonus, right???

Almac Wrote:Why, I think people should be under obligation to take responsibility

While I can't speak for Fred, I know I worry about government legislating responsibility because it's often to the benefit of special interests at the expense of everyone else, and typically means living your life the way certain groups (like the Christian Right) think you should and facing the consequences they think you should face the moment when you refuse to submit (and calling these "natural consequences" rather than an arbitrary imposition of power).